Job Title: Sr. Global Marketing Manager, Connected Lab
Location: San Jose, CA
Are you passionate about life science and customer success? Do you want to drive marketing opportunities for some of the most sophisticated scientific solutions being used today? Are you a great storyteller? And most of all, want to make a big impact?
The Thermo Fisher Scientific Life Science Mass Spectrometry Marketing team is looking for a talented and passionate marketer to drive vision, messaging, awareness, and go-to-market strategy for our digital science journey. The Senior Global Marketing Manager will develop and execute the connected lab digital science strategy and marketing programs to enable customer success, embody customer preference, drive loyalty and develop revenue pipeline opportunities. This experienced, dynamic manager will be a key member of the Life Science Mass Spectrometry marketing team. This role is responsible for successfully working within a highly matrixed organization to develop global go-to-market strategies and integrated multi-channel marketing plans and to execute on tactical projects to achieve KPI targets and other annual operating plan objectives. This position reports to the Marketing Leader of Life Science Mass Spectrometry products.
We are looking for someone that embraces new opportunities, is motivated by career growth and who challenges themselves to deliver consistent excellence.
- Define LSMS connected lab strategy and leads development and planning of high-priority global programs, including strategy to accelerate revenue growth.
- Drive the LSMS Connected Lab presence at company and third party events, including strategy & planning, content & messaging, and measurement & analysis.
- Evangelize the radical success made possible by cloud enablers within the company and externally.
- Work with product management to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages that unlock new markets.
- Align market messages, digital, physical and online events and online marketing.
- Connect with customers, sales teams, & implementation partners to show them their futures and drive hyper-growth in key markets.
- Create sales tools that will assist the sales teams in all phases of the sales cycle.
- Defines customer segments, needs, goals & measures, expected ROI and definition and tracking KPIs
- Supports segment solution roadmaps, business case, market requirements, value propositions
- Map needs of target markets and prioritizes which market segments to proactively pursue
- Updates market research regarding the market changes, customer needs and competitive situation.
- Create visionary and compelling internal and external, customer-facing presentations
- Support visionary event marketing experiences, at our events along with third-party events
- Create strong relationships with relevant key opinion leaders and decision makers.
- Manage product launch plans working closely with industry experts and CMD marketing teams to ensure effective and ongoing relevancy in the market to drive demand and customer advocacy.
- Partner with a world-class Product Management team to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages
- Dream up engaging product demonstrations or key points of learning enablement that are used live, in videos and are the basis for customer engagements in the sales process
- Confidently deliver presentations to audiences of all sizes (ranging from one to hundreds of people)
- Develop effective sales and customer education materials, making it easy for sales and customers to understand our product offerings and positioning
- Partner with division marketing to execute innovative marketing programs, SEO, and web design to build customer engagement.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- 5-10 years' experience in marketing in a high tech or innovative company (depending on level), preferably including experience with cloud-based applications
- Experience/familiarity with the life science mass spectrometry customer lifecycle highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Science OR Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing with demonstrated success in segment. MBA strongly preferred, but not required
- Dynamic, bold personality with ability to successfully drive projects with limited guidance amidst multiple shifting priorities and goals
- Ability to present clearly and concisely in front of executives, vendors, partners, and customers
- Proven creative thinker that generates and executes on innovative marketing ideas with limited guidance and crafts compelling brand and product positioning
- Hands-on ability to create a range of marketing assets (incl viral on-message product demo videos, sharp and succinct slide pitch-decks, and demos)
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
- Development of product marketing plans, general knowledge of operating plans or industry practices for promoting and selling similar products.
- Knowledge of: 4Ps, marketing communication mix, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition, messaging and marketing program development and execution, content strategy/marketing, content audit, customer journey maps.
- Ability to use data and analytics to drive decision making as well as a strong track record of setting and delivering against measurable marketing metrics
- Primary and secondary market research expertise
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence
- Travel is required. (>25%)