When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Scientist I, Manufacturing Sciences is responsible for maintenance and organization of reagents and equipment.
- Update raw material inventories using SAP
- Perform NGS manufacturing activities according to standard operating procedures
- Perform and analyze assays
- Assist in maintenance and updating of all required SOP’s and quality records of equipment maintenance, tests, analyses and other relevant data
- Adapt, implement and train current and new lab functions/procedure to other Lab Associates
- Assist in processing of final product
- Assist in keeping a safe environment
- Ability to solve problems that may come up in the department
- Able to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Assist supervisor in all aspects of manufacturing processes
- Maintain confidentiality of laboratory data and process
- Expected to maintain work schedules as assigned
- All laboratory personnel are expected to notify their supervisor or manager of any unsafe conditions and/or practices and to take appropriate corrective actions
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning institution in the Biological Sciences or Chemistry
- Knowledge of and one (1) year work experience in laboratory procedures and practices
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Organize self and maintain assigned work schedules
- Read, understand and implement written laboratory procedures
- Able to handle and work with biological and chemical reagents
- Nucleic acid analysis including PCR amplification and purification, and NGS-Sequencing
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Frequently work at laboratory workstation, low temperature freezers, and computer workstations
- Some lifting of objects including laboratory instrumentation of 35 pounds
This position has not been approved for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join