Job Title: Senior Product Manager – Instrumentation and Workflow Solutions: Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing (AST)
Job Location: Basingstoke
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
In a world of increased Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) up-to-date and innovative diagnostic methods are critical. This new role has been created to manage the Sensititre range of instruments for AST testing. You will be accountable for all commercial aspects of product management: driving the development pipeline, product launch and lifecycle management to ensure success in the market.
• Be the “General Manager” of your product. Drive and own the product life cycle, P&L and all marketing and commercial aspects.
• Develop and implement 1-5 year product pipeline plan aligned to the clinical strategy and portfolio plan.
• Ensure the voice of the customer and overall target market requirements define new and enhanced products that solve customer challenges.
• Represent market requirements during the product development process to ensure the product meets the voice of customer driven product design specification.
• Propose and monitor budget guidelines and review sales plans ensuring accurate revenue and demand forecasting.
• Develop and execute product launch plans, in collaboration with global and regional marketing ensuring a compelling value proposition and positioning.
• Develop and implement training programs with a ‘train-the-trainer’ ethos that enables capability and confidence to be cascaded in order to meet and exceed targets.
• Develop insightful, unique and compelling product claims and develop together with the MarCom department competitive communication campaigns.
• Develop collateral with proof data to support the implementation of strategies that support target achievement.
• Develop margin expansion through management of product value stream, range rationalization and clear price guidance to the organization.
• Drive continuous improvement in line with the demands of the customer.
• Significant strong track record of success in marketing/ sales environment demonstrating business acumen.
• Demonstrable acumen in marketing and product management – from concept tonew in market success with a substantial amount of experience as product-/ brand manager in medical device, life science or FMCG
• Life sciences or marketing degree.
• Demonstrate a passion for improving patient outcomes, for example in developing and launching new initiatives (e.g. lab automation, interfacing with clinical stakeholders, infection control).
• Business and/ or Marketing qualifications.
• Experience in a routine microbiology/ pathology environment would be an advantage.
• International work experience is highly valued as is the command of language(s) beyond English.