When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Clinical Diagnostics R&D Program Management Office (PMO) is seeking an R&D Project Manager who will handle all the projects delivery to strategic OEM partners of the company. The R&D Project Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient/professional relationship and services to other OEM partners while delivering highest quality projects on budget. This person will exemplify high technical skills, global leadership, effective engagement, change management skill and ability to work with senior management.
Requirements from OEM partners need to be translated into specifications for other functions of the business such as Strategic Business Development, Quality & Regulatory, Supply Chain Management, and Finance. Must have the ability to develop and communicate clear goals, concrete actions and compelling business case describing financial impact, importance for the business, feasibility and complexity of implementation, risk management, etc. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop project tasks, deliverables, dependencies and resource requirements.
- Create, maintain and organize necessary documentation and records; responsible for the quality of project deliverables and documentation.
- Oversee and prepare project team budget including resources and costs collaborating with Finance and other cross-functional departments.
- Identify, document and communicate project risks and contingency plans.
- Track and communicate project status, plans, issues, timelines, action items, and budgets.
- Communicate, document, and archive project team activities and decisions; act as a primary contact for project team related information.
- Facilitate project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exercise scope management with consideration for the customer, team, and company needs.
- Promote a proactive, professional culture within the Program Management Office, and contributing to the group’s success.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the Program Management Office processes, related SOPs, and supporting materials.
- Collaborate with other functional or cross-functional groups to ensure that the matrices are maintained on a regular basis, and with the Business Administration to keep project budgets updated.
- Manage the tracking and reporting of projects between milestones.
- Guide the identification and resolution of key project issues through robust project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or related field or equivalent.
- 5 to 7 years industry experience including 2-years of experience in progressively more responsible Project Management roles.
- Previous experience in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired.
- Advanced understanding and ability adhere to established quality standards and regulatory compliance requirements for medical device or diagnostics.
- Technical skills in manufacturing techniques, FDA & GMP compliance, especially Design Control.
- Proven ability to lead program teams from concept to market successfully.
- Strong understanding of product development challenges and methods for resolution. Ability to resolve most day-to-day issues and develop mitigation plans.
- Demonstrated skills using MS Project or related software for Project Management.
- Solid skills using MS Office suite.
- MBA is a plus.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Superior organizational skills with ability to multi-task and balance complex and routine work activities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct and manage cross-functional teams, influence business partners and get results through others. High-level business acumen.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work as a team player and team builder.
- Excellent communication skills for group presentations and intercompany written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated experience using financial reports, budgeting and other related reporting tools.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join