Job Title: Director of Biosciences /Laboratory Products Group (BID/LPD)
Reports To: Vice President, Life Sciences Group BID Division APJ and Vice President /General Manager, Korea
Position Location: Korea
Requisition ID: 56652BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
The Director, BID/LPD will provide leadership in creating, driving and executing the strategy for BID/LPD business in Korea. This role is required to demonstrate strong role model leadership in leading a commercial team in sales and marketing. He/She needs to deliver the company’s revenue targets, optimize profitability, and strategically deploy customer-facing teams aligned with the company strategy. In addition, this person will ensure there is an intense focus on the customer, sales force effectiveness, price optimization, a profitable portfolio mix, targeted promotions, and an effective sales channel strategy. He/she will be responsible for developing, motivating, and retaining, a high performing organization.
The Director will work very closely with cross-functional leaders in Korea to help create initiatives focused on communicating and nurturing relationships with customers, driving run rate business, and generating new business. He/she will regularly influence, interact and interface with BID division leadership and LPD division leadership team. The Director will monitor and drive change within the sales organization to produce proactive predictable revenue quarters with strong year over year growth. He/She is responsible for managing all aspects of the marketing mix with an emphasis on pricing, product and promotional strategy so that profitability, brand positioning and market share are maximized. In addition, the role requires interface and strategic planning partnerships with other divisions in Korea to support cross-selling as well as the ability to develop and present strategic plans to the Thermo Fisher Korea Leadership Team.
- Role model leader with an intense focus on the customer
- A strategic sales plan with key milestones in place
- Annual marketing strategy and plans to achieve revenue and profitability
- Defend, win back, and grow share in view of total company
- Develop an aligned and focused Korea BID/LPD sales team with clear accountability, ownership, and implementation of sales best practices
- Create, implement, and develop a strong sales infrastructure inclusive of Customer Relationship Management (CRM), business intelligence, and activity management
- Strong relationships with customers, strategic partners, KOLs, influencers and other working groups
- Predictable revenue quarters with strong year over year growth
- Strategy alignment and go to market execution with LSG BID Division priorities
- Developing effective sales and marketing strategies within a highly entrenched competitive market
- Managing a highly diverse team & influencing a highly technically oriented team
- Ensuring a consistent global approach to the market while ensuring sufficient local variation to reflect local market opportunity
- Growing in the midst of an environment where customers have more choices with competitive price
- A solid understanding of the overall Thermo Fisher customer value proposition
- Further develop “Go-To-Market” strategy in Korea BID/LPD market to continuously grow the business and execute on this strategy
- Direct and generally supervise the day-to-day activities of the business unit, including the development, marketing and sales of its products and services with the objective of maximizing profitability and growth
- Establish criteria to measure short/long-term performance and overall growth, and regularly evaluate results
- Maintain an awareness of, and exercises judgment in, such areas as market conditions, competitive activities, general economic conditions and governmental statutes and regulations
- Review and direct the development of market opportunities and requirements for existing products/services. Develop an awareness of customer product and service needs, and maintain or enhance customer relations.
- Ensure that effective corporate systems, procedures and financial controls are established and maintained for the business unit's operations.
- Ensure proper staffing levels, as well as training and development of the necessary personnel to maintain an organization capable of achieving established goals and objectives.
- Minimum 15-20 years’ experience.
- Experience in Life Science industry with P&L ownership is highly preferred
- Diagnostic/ Healthcare / OEM business experience for more than 5 years is highly preferred
- Demonstrated capability to develop sales strategy and translate strategy into a tactical plan that achieves and drives top-line growth with experience in a business with a minimum of USD100M in revenue
- Proven experience and capabilities in marketing, strategy development and demand generation
- Notable achievements in improving marketing ROI and directly impacting revenue
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build trusting relationships as well as influencing a matrix organization
- Proactive in identifying solutions to business issues. Possesses a responsive and strong sense of urgency
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Indeed Posting Code: *IND-APAC
LinkedIn Posting Code: *LI-KP1
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join