When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Sr. Staff Program Manager will partner with Business Unit’s (BU) product management, R&D and marketing leadership to develop the portfolio strategy & annual plan, focusing on R&D utilization. The will lead regular review of the portfolio with BU leadership team, drives prioritization, status updates and revenue reporting for all BU (NPI) programs. Ensure best practices of Program Management are followed by all NPI teams in the Business Unit, with the goal of not only delivering products of high quality and value to the organization, but also of delivering them within the agreed-upon metrics of schedule, resources, budget and scope.
- Partners with BU leadership to develop BU strategy and annual plans, focusing on R&D utilization, in alignment with divisional strategy. Facilitates creation and implementation of an NPI portfolio roadmap, aligned with BU strategy.
- Leads regular review of NPI portfolio with BU leadership team, drives prioritization and reports on status & revenue of all BU NPI programs.
- Sits on BU leadership team and contributes to divisional monthly business reviews (MBR) to represent Portfolio & Program Management (PPM) organization.
- Represents PPM on BU NPI steering committee, also known as the Product Approval Committee (PAC).
- Leads critical BU NPI programs from initiation through commercial launch. Acts as program champion and leads a cross-functional team to identify and mitigate program risks, in order to successfully deliver all program deliverables. Solve problems and manage crises effectively and independently. Acts as information conduit between core team and leadership; prepares and presents program reviews to PAC as core team
- Mentors others leading programs in the BU, providing them with high-level BU context & guidance.
- Provides feedback to functional manager regarding program manager performance in BU NPI programs.
- Provides feedback to Central R&D about NPI process improvements. Sponsors change initiatives & builds best practices regarding program management & product development in the division.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S. or B.A.), preferred in the Life Sciences, from four-year college or university.
- 10 or more years of combined product development and project management experience, of which a portion must be in the life sciences.
- PMP certification preferred
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join