When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
The position is based in Ann Arbor, MI and is part of the Software and Informatics team within the Clinical Sequencing Division. The mission of this business unit is to develop next-generation sequencing based solutions to support clinical research applications in oncology and other important unmet medical needs.
How will you make an impact?
You will join a team of talented engineers and scientists, passionate about bringing actionable insights to precision oncology.
What will you do?
In this role, you will work closely with product managers, software developers, and bioinformaticians to understand and document requirements for analysis and reporting solutions that integrate into a complete workflow. In addition, you will lead and execute on manual and automated test approaches for various applications of the workflow.
To succeed in this role, you are enthusiastic, team-oriented, and comfortable communicating across team and geographic boundaries. You understand various SDLC approaches and bring your expertise to advocate for continuous improvement. Lastly, you combine your strong sense of mission with a good dose of humor and fun.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field with 5 years’ experience.
- Understanding and experience with waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience defining and refining requirements and user stories.
- Experience with systems integration and the associated use cases/trade-offs.
- Understanding of software/system test strategy and approaches.
- Understanding of test automation frameworks. Bonus points for experience in Selenium and testing frameworks like JUnit and pytest.
- Comfortable using the Atlassian(JIRA) suite of tools for issue tracking and collaboration.
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Python and continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Experience with the Linux operating system and working from the command line.
- Experience documenting, planning and communicating results with dashboards and official plans and reports. Nice to have experience doing this in a regulated environment.
- Able to work independently with little supervision and take initiative.
- Willing to mentor and develop others.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join