Job Title: Sales Representative, Chromatography
Location: CT/NY- remote
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Sales Representative markets and sells HPLC, Ion Chromatography and Gas Chromatography products in the Chromatography and Mass Spec division (CMD) to customers in the Western Conneticut and Eastern New York state. In addition to selling the product line, this individual provides customer support and manages the territory/customers as a business with responsibility for profit and revenue growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has a consistent proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals and quotas.
- Identifies and interprets customers’ requirements, shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these to customers.
- Applies the division’s products to customers’ needs.
- Influences preparation and presents technical assistance, consultation and problem solving to customers as necessary and expedites orders.
- Serves as the focal point of the division’s contact with customers, a responsibility requiring a broad knowledge of the division and an attitude that is in tune with its goals.
- Functions as a business person, aware of and responsible to the conditions that affect the business. These conditions include knowledge of competition – their products, pricing, procedures and personnel; of customers – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers.
- Is responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them. Serves as a channel of information to the division about customers, markets and competition. Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division.
- Utilizes divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities.
Decision Making Authority:
- Responsible for discount administration in assigned territory.
- Arranges presentation schedule with customer base.
- Manages controllable expense budget within assigned territory.
- Has ultimate responsibility for account management in assigned territory.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS Degree in Chemistry/Physical Sciences, or equivalent required.
- 2-3 years sales experience selling capital equipment, preferably in the analytical instrument market.
- Working knowledge of HPLC, Ion Chromatography and Gas Chromatography instrument business.
- Fluency with personal computers is required.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills.
- Accurate forecasting ability.
- Ability to travel as necessary within the territory
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join