|When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.|
The Site Specialist will maintain lab equipment and support inventory management services. General duties include chemical management and tracking, and stock room maintenance. This position is based in New Haven, CT
This position is primarily focused on the customer service aspect of Unity Lab Services.
Activities will include the Inventory Management and Responding to Lab requests. This position will utilize the functionality of systems and applications in support of various customer centric activities which include the Microsoft Office suite of programs and well as internal applications. The tools that will be employed would include desktop computers and telephony. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have a basic understanding of the performance metrics applicable to site specific activities.
The Site Specialist provides inventory management, shipping/receiving and related services to a customer and is expected to drive their team toward meeting customer expectation as well as serve as a primary point-of-contact for customer requests.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Effectively communicates directives from management and/or customer to the rest of the service team
- Processes regular and special requests
- Ships hazardous materials in accordance with IATA & DOT regulations.
- Stock Room - Orders and maintains lab consumable stock room(s).
- Converts supplier and/or competitor items to Fisher items where possible
- Provides quotations to the customer, as needed
- Strives to understand and meet customer needs
- Proactively addresses customer issues or problems
- Laboratory Technical Support Services (aliquoting, Mega Preps, etc)
- Manages backorders as required; may include determining item status, expedite and facilitate shipments, communicate delivery dates and order status
- Recommends process improvements, communicates with direct supervisor any customer issues or potential problems
- Maintains key performance indicators reports and recommends improvements
- Resolves customer issues in a timely fashion
- Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality for both customer and ThermoFisher Scientific
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Fisher reports to ensure business requirements are met
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- High School Diploma
- Computer literate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Work Overtime, as required
- Must have reliable transportation to reach work location
- Occasionally lift up to 50+ lbs, with assistance
- Possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site including providing clear, concise communication with customers.
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with the on-site commercial team
- Ability to drive team activity and elicit results from other members of the service team
- Ability to maintaining a professional appearance at all times
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Bachelor’s Degree
- IATA & 49CFR Certifications for shipping hazardous materials (current)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join