Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Participant, Graduate Leadership Development Program, EMEA
Location: Europe (Flexibility required)
Three rotation assignments over two years provide broad experience in different facets of general management while allowing for exposure to Thermo Fisher’s core processes, technologies, and leaders. Rotations are determined through a combination of individual development needs and business priorities. The participant will work out of their home country in Europe and travel throughout EMEA as the assignment demands. Rotations expose program participants to diverse functional areas, business units, products/services, and geographical areas. Additional learning opportunities round out the two year development program and include: three formal learning sessions, an Executive Mentor program, monthly meetings, and Practical Process Improvement (PPI) Action Learning Project, participation in company-wide leadership programs, and a network of Graduate Leadership Development Program graduates across the company.
Some rotations will require travel either domestic or international. Relocation may be required upon completion of the program based on where opportunities exist.
Rotations include exposure to:
• Manufacturing plants
• Company processes and systems
• Emerging markets
• Annual Operating Plans
• Strategic initiatives
• Senior Leaders
On Completion of the Program:
The GLDP program affords participants an outstanding opportunity to produce results, quickly gain credibility and develop a strong company network over two years. From a post-program placement perspective, participants will work with their Program Manager to identify positions in which to interview across the organization.
• Graduate student completing MBA between December 2017 and June 2018
• Desire for a career in General Management leadership
• Proven track record of accomplishments
• Energized through change agent behaviors
• Ability to interact with employees and leaders at all levels of the organization
• Strong attention to detail and drive for results
• Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experiences
• Ability to effectively adapt to new assignments, managers, businesses, and locations
• Interest in gaining exposure to manufacturing plants
• Business understanding of metrics, budgets, and strategy aligned with business objectives
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and strong professional presence
• Experience in life sciences, business, or engineering
• Authorization to work in the EU without restriction
• Willingness to travel as needed for each of the three rotations
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join