When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
The Sales Trainer will be responsible for the development of sales training strategies and tactics aligned with the needs of the Anatomical Pathology Division within the U.S.
- Training of new and existing sales force personnel and follow-up, including field co-travel with sales representatives
- Ability to understand and teach Thermo Fisher Anatomical Pathology Instruments and consumables
- Management of the sales training curriculum including training schedules, training materials and ongoing communication with sales, marketing teams
- Understand and be able to teach consultative selling skills – Main focus on questioning skills, needs analysis, objection handling and closing skills
- Work closely with sales leadership team to identify strengths and development areas of new sales representatives and put together action plans to improve skills
- On-going communications with field sales and marketing teams to help understand the sales training needs of field sales representatives and to develop specific sales training objectives and strategies to meet these needs
- Conduct quarterly sales training classes from Kalamazoo, Michigan that may last two to four weeks
- Coordinate and act as key leader for Global Sales meetings and regional sales training meetings
- Scope of responsibility may include other key projects or other key business specific responsibilities based on need and priorities
- Interact on a regular basis with customers and Thermo Fisher on-site staff regarding program operation, goals and objectives, and instill customer confidence in our program and personnel
- Communicate in a timely fashion with vendors and customer contacts to resolve service or billing issues
- Develop and maintain positive and professional working relationships with clients, service vendors and Thermo Fisher staff. Develop, monitor, and deliver metrics to customer to ensure program objectives are met or exceeded
- Evaluate customer satisfaction surveys, and develop action plan based on root cause for process improvement
- Manage Problem Resolution and Escalation process within National Accounts
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of successful sales, or similar, directly applicable, sales and/or marketing experience
- Field, or home office, sales training experience is preferred
- Industry experience in one or more of the following areas: Life Sciences, Healthcare or related fields
- Demonstrated ability for large account management skills.
- Experienced in achieving customer satisfaction and growing existing customer base
- Ability to travel approximately 50% - 75% of the time
- 50% Time in Kalamazoo, MI Office
- Will consider both Kalamazoo based and remote candidates
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join