The Healthcare Corporate Accounts Director is responsible for strategy development, negotiations and on-going management for GPO Clinical Lab Distribution contracts and corporate relationships. This individual will also be responsible to lead ongoing management of defined key customer existing business. He/she will participate in the strategic planning process, interact with the Lab Distribution Division senior management, sales leadership and field sales organization to align with key customer conversion and growth opportunities. The Corporate Accounts Director will be responsible for meeting the annual revenue targets for the customers in this market segment.
- Develop and execute GPO RFP strategy, contracting and pricing strategies.
- Develop contract launch and implementation packages; provide tools and information to field to maximize contract value.
- Build Account Management Teams to align around customers’ key objectives.
- Lead customer GPO and defined key customers Quarterly Business Reviews establishing appropriate metrics and governance model, participate in member QBRs.
- Work in conjunction with the Health Systems Managers and Sales Specialists on strategy development for member RFPs.
- Interface with Supplier partners within their respective assignments
- Coordinate business plans between distribution and manufacturing companies, including the establishment and management of pricing, incentives and new product roll outs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key manufacturers.
- Working collaboratively and proactively with the company marketing team to optimize existing and new supplier business opportunities.
- Develop, maintain and coordinate customer and company metrics to ensure mutual achievement of respective contract objectives
B.S.; B.A. or equivalent experience; 10+ years Healthcare industry field sales experience; experience managing and negotiating contracts with GPOs and large healthcare customers; experience selling in diagnostic lab and/or healthcare distribution; 60% travel requirement.
- Prior responsibility for all aspects of account management and development of key customer relationships, including the following:
- Development of strategic account plans for customers.
- Development and coordination of standardization efforts for customers.
- Development and management of new contract rollouts.
- Participation in management of major shareholder or affiliate relationships.
- Coordination of annual price roll within customer assignments.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven industry track record of securing new business
- Project management experience within a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Coaches and motivates others
- Able to establish and maintain strong customer relationships
- Advanced presentations skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Executive sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join