The Director, Global Diversity and Inclusion under the direction of the Vice President, Global Diversity & Inclusion, will seek to implement the activities and initiatives that support the strategic diversity and inclusion plan that drive business results and creates a competitive advantage for Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Supports the Vice President, Global of Inclusion & Diversity in the implementation of a corporate diversity strategic plan that reflects company culture, business and people priorities and contributes to the development of an inclusive global work environment.
- Consult/Partner with HR and Business leaders to identify strategies to create the desired culture and inclusive workplace to effectively deliver against current and future business needs, goals and objectives.
- Support Talent platform to develop tactical business plans to successfully execute talent acquisition, retention and development strategies for underrepresented groups (e.g., U.S.-based ethnic minorities, Global Women, Military Veterans, LGBTQ, People with Differing Abilities).
- Manages the process for identifying and successfully launching global and local Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
- Leverages ERG Playbook to ensure global and local Employee Resource Groups adhere to company policy and ERG best practices.
- Develops consistently utilized role descriptions and standardized performance management language for ERG leaders inclusive of objectives and metrics.
- Facilitate design, development and launch of Global ERG “Buddy” program.
- Serves as internal point of contact for D&I-related external partnerships (e.g., USBLN, ELC, HBA, Hispanic Association for Corporate Responsibility, Asia Society, etc.).
- Leading and monitor Global and Local ERG activities.
- Assist in providing holistic strategies, recommendations and best practices to HR and Business leaders regarding diversity and inclusion.
- Collaborate with Business and Function leadership teams to ensure that Culture and D&I-related priorities have appropriate sponsorship and are integrated into the business strategies and priorities of the Company.
- 10+ years of Organizational Development/Effectiveness and Change Management experience in a highly matrixed, multi-national corporate environment.
- Significant expertise in leading major diversity and inclusion initiatives, including successful implementation of a company-wide strategy with measurable results, developing and managing internal communications and external relations, and driving diversity-specific initiatives and programs.
- Strong research and analytical skills – ability to research and collect data from many internal and external sources and draw insights, synthesize themes and make recommendations for relevant application and measurement to the organization, including executive level presentations.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at Executive levels, present to large audiences, and represent the company externally including with media.
- Demonstrated problem solving acumen to assess/analyze a current state and recommend/implement improvements or alternative methodologies.
- Able to quickly build partnerships with internal and external key stakeholders by leveraging strong collaboration, influencing and persuasive skills.
- Extreme results orientation with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to travel (up to 50%).
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria
- BA/BS in Organizational Development, Communications, Multi-cultural studies, HR or a related degree; Master’s degree and background in Statistics preferred.
- Global mindset and experience.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join