- Represents the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Coordinates resources reporting to multiple Regional Service Managers to ensure appropriate response to service requests
- Coordinates the maintenance of onsite Field Service inventory of replacement parts. Ensures returns of defective material in a timely manner, and ensures that replacement orders in are in accordance with company policy.
- Responsible for the resolution of difficult or escalated field repairs on product and advises on hot account resolutions. Communicates regularly to the factory on escalated issues and provides action plans to resolve escalations in a timely manner. Contributes towards the training and technical skill set development of other engineers.
- Provides technical advice to customers and engineers as needed, coordinated with the technical support group and the product manager. Technical advice maybe in the form of telephone, email or on-site support
- Provides on-site training for engineers on advanced trouble shooting techniques, new accessories/upgrades and software applications. Mentor to engineers and signs off on the certification of service engineers.
- Assists managers with engineer training plans and provides input to performance reviews.
- Supports development of plans to help sell service contracts, parts, accessories, consumables, software, upgrades and training to customer base, while working towards the revenue goals defined by management.
- Act as a Thermo Fisher Scientific advocate in all capacities in customer laboratories. Effectively communicate competitive information and additional sales opportunities to Field Sales Representatives. Provides feedback to factory personnel for product improvements.
- Takes active role in new product introduction processes, including working with factory to create initial service documentation, setup initial service inventory levels, develop and deliver service training classes, provide feedback on early installations and warranty performance, as well as recommend additional actions that can improve the success of new product success in the marketplace.
- Maintains company assets (car, tools, inventory, laptop computer, etc.) in good and working condition.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Quality Management Support:
- Development, maintenance and full adherence to departmental work instructions, standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in fulfillment of the requirements of our Quality Management System and the expectations of our interested parties (internal / external).
- Identify and report quality or compliance concerns to management and the quality function and take immediate actions to remedy.
- Complete all planned or unplanned quality & compliance training requirements within defined deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or physical sciences preferred from an accredited institution or 5-7 years equivalent experience. High school diploma/equivalent required.
- 5 - 7 years’ service experience with a minimum of 2 years Thermo Scientific product experience
- Acknowledged expert in a designated product by all relevant departments (must be trained and certified in multiplexing LC systems, preferably including Prelude MD)
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people and international factories
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be capable of independently teaching product techniques at a high level to customers and engineers
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic, mechanical and optical instrumentation in a commercial scientific laboratory environment.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze component layout drawings, schematics, assembly drawings, wiring and labeling diagrams.
- Experience in selling process. Proven ability to sell value based service solutions to Thermo Scientific customer base.
- Strong communication skills in all delivery methods
- Strong instructional abilities (customer & engineer training).
- Ability to prioritize service requirements (service calls, installations, and escalations) and establish realistic schedules to meet requirements.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Independently resolve difficult customer satisfaction issues.
- Proven/developed leadership ability/credibility.
- Customer/business-oriented (satisfaction.)
- Ability to travel overnight at a minimum of 50%.
- Meet the minimum requirements of the Company’s Fleet Policy and;
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Physical Activities: Stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Level of Physical Requirements: Medium to Heavy work.
- Level of Visual Acuity: Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Environmental Conditions: Exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, risk of radiation, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This is a remote position and has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join