About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Support the Commercial Organization through Sales Reporting, Proforma Reviews, Commercial MBR and QBR reporting for the Americas Region as well as any additional ad hoc requests for information from the CDD Leadership team.
- Manage the budgetary process for the Americas Region. Assist Commercial Management team to develop Commercial budgets consistent with organization goals. Prepare and distribute monthly variance report/analysis to the Commercial Management team. Advise management with budget risk and opportunities.
- Prepare monthly internal financial package to track the progress of all business initiatives (KPIs). Continuously identify opportunities to improve profitability of the business.
- Provide customer segment level sales, margin, and profitability trending reports and analysis to support revenue and profit growth initiatives.
- Produce reports designed to highlight current performance opportunities and identify gaps to drive growth. In addition to standard reporting mechanisms, develop tools which can be used on an ad-hoc basis to produce actionable insights.
- Manage all functions as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the America Region regarding HFM, Data Warehouse, CRM and ERP projects.
- Ensure system operating as designed
- Identify enhancements to improve effectiveness for finance/commercial users
- Manage the contracting processes for the Americas Region to include, preparing proforma analysis on quotes/tenders, review of terms and conditions and coordination with Legal on review and approvals, and management of the approval process. Also align with the Business Units for appropriate cost reviews and profitability assumptions.
- Manage the contract compliance process for the region to include reporting and communicating with the commercial teams on customer status.
- Manage the SFDC process of contract management and reporting.
- Manage and develop a team focused on contracting and compliance as well as bid analysis and response.
- Manage and review accounting processes for entities impacting the region.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with MBA preferred and a CPA preferred and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience (financial reporting).
- Management experience preferred with 1-2 years of previous experience.
- Travel: This position may require up to 30% travel, some of which will take place outside of the typical office hours.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Individual must possess strong personnel development and communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of management.
- Individual must apply know-how, sound business judgment and creativity to provide accurate and effective decision-making data.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join