With 55,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition - accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Responsible for the Quality and Technical relation between the site and the suppliers. He assures the processing of non-compliances and follows the implementation of the evolutions of design. He creates the link between the specifications and the internal needs on one hand, and the manufacturing of components and complex assembly modules (HLA & HLS) externally on the other hand. The transfer of the specifications is a key element of the actions of the Quality Engineer.
This role is based in RSA.
- Other BMH locations (Minneapolis-US and Milano-Italy) and functions (Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Procurement)
- Key 3rd Party partners and suppliers (RSA, US, Latin America)
- Analysis and processing of Non-Conformities
- Management of outsourcing data base (2D, 3D, specifications, Work Instructions)
- Creation and implementation of design changes
- Suppliers’ audits
- Follow-up of Continuous Quality Improvement with suppliers
- Support R&D, Sourcing and Production for new products and projects
- Management of First Samples
- Coordination of corporate projects
- Engineering degree (or equivalent) in Mechanics
- Mechanical knowledge (design of components, assemblies and complete systems)
- Professional English level
- Ability to travel
Experience and Technical Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of Industrial experience (Production, Quality, Manufacturing)
- CAD and EPDM experience / Proficient computer skills (including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, email, CRM, and spreadsheet analysis)
- Quality experience (Lean, Continuous Improvement, 5S, 8D, AMDEC)
- Self-motivated individual who is results oriented and customer focused
- Has demonstrated leadership and the ability to solve problems at multiple levels of complexity Project reporting
- Presentation skills to convey technical information to small and large groups
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration and networking skills.
- Have a “Customer Service” approach to relationships with internal and external associates.
- Be people sensitive, friendly and accepting of varying cultures, and be effective working with superiors and peers
- Flexible working hours
- Inspiring respect, trust and exemplary attitude
Some out of hours work may be required
Some interstate or overseas travel may be required
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join