Job Location: Bangalore, India
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world. Visit us at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
- Day-to-day support of the Thermo Fisher Scientific enterprise network (approximately 500 locations worldwide) including local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), wireless local area network (WLAN), virtual private network (VPN), firewall, and data center technologies.
- Working directly with our customers to understand their business requirements in an effort to ensure networking projects are properly designed and implemented.
- Find opportunities to improve the enterprise network by implementing the network standards that have been established by the Global Networking Services team.
- Ensure the highest possible level of network uptime and availability by proactively monitoring performance, troubleshooting problems and outages, and scheduling upgrades/enhancements.
- Collaborating with the network architects on large scale, business imperative projects and initiatives to optimize the enterprise network.
- Managing and monitoring the Service Now work queue in an effort to address customer requests within the established service level agreements.
- Ensuring that all network environments are well documented.
- Participating in the on-call rotation with other members of the team to ensure support coverage for the global enterprise network.
- Reporting network operational status on a regular basis to ensure that management is aware of current project status.
- Mentoring junior members of the team in order to build a stronger organization.
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security or similar field.
- Minimum five years of experience with configuring, deploying, managing, and troubleshooting routers and switches in an enterprise environment.
- Comprehensive, hands on experience with Cisco LAN, WAN, and WLAN technologies.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills.
- A strong desire to establishing credibility with fellow engineers through teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to break down and analyze communications at the packet level.
- Ability to build strong cross team relationships.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and prioritize multiple objectives and initiatives.
- Current certification such as CCNP, CCDP or CCIE.
- Advanced understanding of dynamic routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF.
- Knowledge of ITIL including Incident, Problem, and Change Management.
- Experience with Load Balancers, Firewalls, WAN Optimization, and/or VPN Concentratorss
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.