When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific seeks a talented bioinformatics scientist to join a multidisciplinary team focused on the development and use of genotyping platforms for research, biobank applications, direct-to-consumer genetic testing, and agri-genomics. The successful candidate will contribute to all aspects of the technology, including data analysis, algorithm development, oligonucleotide probe design, and data mining.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analysis of large datasets, including internal data and customers’ experimental results.
• Development of algorithms for genotyping, improvement of current and development of new QC metrics, assessing and improving probe performance through novel probe design
• Data mining in Affymetrix’ proprietary database and public databases
• Design of microarray genotyping arrays in collaboration with customers and researchers
• Interaction with scientists across the organization
• Presentation of results both internally and at scientific meetings and conferences
• Participation in process and operation improvement opportunities
• Response to internal and external inquiries
• Compliance with company quality management systems, policies and procedures
• Mentorship, if applicable
• Additional duties/responsibilities according to business needs
• Education: Master’s (3+ yrs) or Ph.D. in bioinformatics, statistical genetics, biophysics, or a related field
• Creative analysis of complex data
• Proficiency in R, SQL, and a scripting language such as Python or Perl
• Proficiency in C++ highly desired
• Proficiency with statistical tests, linear models, ANOVA, etc.
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with microarray analysis and NGS analysis highly desired
• Familiarity with medical genetics and/or physical chemistry of nucleotides desired.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join