Sr. Manager, BID Commercial Finance
Job ID :
US - California - Carlsbad
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
- Consolidated Commercial reporting: provide timely and robust information to commercial and finance leadership.
- Forecasting: responsible for ensuring that forecasts provide good visibility into future performance. Consolidation of forecasts from multiple regions to provide “story lines” consistent and aligned with business performance drivers and indicators.
- Standard and customized Revenue analytics: some standardized analyses and Division/Product Line specific. Some elements of this responds to other stakeholders requests for eactive/after the fact support to the commercial team but there is also an expectation of more proactive analysis to drive growth. The individual should grow business analytics as her/his business knowledge increases.
- Consolidate North America and Global Division revenue actual and projections (Forecasts, Plan STRAP, etc) as needed by the Commercial Leaders, Division Finance and Commercial Finance. Drive sub-processes not covered under either the Commercial Finance nor the Division Finance protocols, ie. NA commercial roll ups and discussions.
- Opex support: leverage Group and Regional resources and ensure strong and Division aligned controls around spending and help to focus on opportunities to redeploy spending to faster growing elements (geographic or product).
- Leading a team: able to engage and inspire, and, to provide strong development support to direct staff and other team members.
- All responsibilities to be carried out in the context of a division-focused matrix applying Life Sciences Group Commercial group-wide processes.
- BS or BA in Finance or related field required. MBA preferred.
- Requires 6-8 years of finance/accounting experience.
- Managing a team of people strongly preferred.
- Exceptional Excel skills.
- Other systems knowledge (Hyperion, Cognos) a significant advantage.
- Some travel: <10%
- Outstanding analytical skills: spot trends within the data to provide actionable insights to drive growth. Commercial and intellectual curiosity is an essential component.
- Strong and confident communicator: essential to have credibility within a dynamic, challenging environment and in the context of providing outstanding business partnering support.
- Ability to strike the right balance between support and challenge. The successful candidate will be expected to provide an appropriate level of healthy tension to challenge the status quo and to give alternate and sometimes contrarian perspective.
- Strong attention to detail is essential – but must be able to elevate perspective at the appropriate time. Must be able to’ Zoom In or Out’, based on targeted audience and business intelligence gathering.
- Influencing skills: must be able to operate within a matrix environment and influence people across different levels and functions.
- Ability to work in a multi-matrixed environment serving the needs of multiple customers while identifying and aligning common needs under same umbrella service and deliverables.
- Flexibility and adaptability to attend to most pressing needs while keeping all deliverables running.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join