Commercial Director, Water and Laboratory Products, APAC
This senior commercial leader will be a member of the WLP Leadership and will play a pivotal role to achieve growth targets in competitive, mature and diverse market conditions. The Commercial Director will guide a team of Commercial Managers to execute on a commercial strategy for the Water and Laboratory Products business across the Asia Pacific region by leveraging the entire portfolio of products, and increasing existing business with customers in addition to identifying new customers to achieve sustained sales growth.
- Develop and implement the short and long-term strategic and operating plans for WLP to deliver and exceed revenue growth targets for WLP portfolio in APAC.
- Responsible for collection of regional Voice of the Customer & Voice of Commercial, market intelligence and ensures Product Management has this input for development of new products and solutions.
- Develop and implement a go-to-market strategy for the WLP portfolio including the appropriate mix between direct and distribution partners. Leads short-mid-long term initiatives in conjunction with Sales to drive execution of product strategy and tactics to achieve growth.
- Localize global marketing campaigns to drive revenue. Leverage global and regional marketing teams to support local sales strategies and markets.
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities for growth, engaging cross divisions to drive business development opportunities for emerging technologies or new market segments
- Develop and implement a key account strategy for working with other divisional commercial leaders to drive incremental growth through value proposition and workflow selling solutions.
- Monitor market intelligence including competition, macroeconomics and the regulatory environment, and use it to influence/drive new product introduction (NPI) and deliver on incremental revenue targets for NPI.
- Plan and manage the business’s budget appropriately including revenue, margin and operating expenditure.
- Develop a disciplined commercial team through the deployment of robust sales processes including accurate forecast and pipeline management, utilization of customer relationship management (CRM) tools and marketing leads. Drive sales force productivity.
- Lead and develop a strong commercial team. Develop pipeline for leadership and pivotal positions.
- A Bachelor degree, an MBA would be advantageous.
- 10-15 years’ progressive experience in commercial, sales, business development or Marketing roles in the laboratory and/or process instrument environment. Other industries with relevant experience will be considered.
- Robust track record in achieving outstanding commercial performance in terms of revenue, growth, margins, and customer allegiance/satisfaction.
- Experience in leading teams and having commercial responsibility in APAC region with a demonstrated understanding of APAC business practices in a global matrix organization.
- Broad knowledge of key stakeholders in the application and use of WLP products in market and industry domains.
- Experience in managing stakeholders like distributors and partners, preferably on a country-wide and/or regional basis.
- Familiarity with major APAC countries government policy and funding practices e.g., for laboratory products as well as preferably having a broad network of KOL and policy makers.
- Experience in reviewing and assimilating complex and diverse information and customer issues and in recommending appropriate decisions expediently.
- Excellent in oral and written communications skills. Fluent proficiency in oral and written English.
- Strong executive presence with established people leadership skills and should be adept at fostering strong personal relationships.
- Spend approximately 50-60% of time travelling.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.