Job Title: Senior Quality Management Business Analyst
Requisition ID: 57102BR
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
A Business Analyst conducts research, monitors, maintains, and optimizes business solutions.
Knowledge of business processes and SAP within a specific area of responsibility (MM/SD), defined by the position. Directly support users and corporate processes in the assigned area. Researches gaps in functionality, gathers requirements of users and presents recommendations to teams both technical and business.
Excellent grasp of industry and subject matter best practices, trends, and concepts. Ability to apply these concepts into the SAP environment and business process. Strong Leadership skills, especially in the handling of Organization Change Management are strongly desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Supports SAP ECC and related software
• Knowledge of Quality processes, techniques, methods, regulations and tools. Subject matter best practices
• Knowledge of SAP Reporting capabilities
• Develops process documentation for processes and procedures
• Monitor metrics to maintain area and measure improvements
• Participate in Service Desk function to resolve user related support calls
• Prepare and execute test plans for new functionality
• Publish communication related to the deployment of new functionality
• Translate user requirements into user requests and program specifications
• Work with programmers to assure compliance to program specifications
• Develop training outlines for end-users
• Liaise with Divisional Management to understand direction within their functional area of responsibility
• Monitor compliance with Service Level Agreements for site.
• Strong Project Management skills. Support business initiatives utilizing Project Management expertise.
• Maintain security in compliance with ThermoFisher Security directives.
• Ensure compliance to Thermo Fisher IT Policies and Guidelines.
• Travel can range from 25%-50%
• Gather user requirements to develop solutions and alternatives
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
• Translate high-level information into details as well as summarize detailed information
• Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and functional requirements
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Work with users to define concepts under direction of project leaders
• Serve as the conduit between the user community and the software development team through which requirements flow
• Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates
• Liaise between the business, technology teams and support teams
• Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
• Other duties as assigned
Recruiter: Alverina Corion, email@example.com
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join