About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The IT Team Site/BU Leader/Sr. Manager position is responsible for people leadership, support and implementation of IT solutions that support the growth of the business operations. This hands-on IT Sr. Manager position is responsible for providing leadership to a small group of business analysts and also as a Lead Business Analyst liaising between IT and senior business leadership (Site and BU) at a medium-large manufacturing, distribution and customer care facility. This position requires a unique set of qualifications that combines thought leadership with in-depth functional domain knowledge of manufacturing operations along with customer care and order management, coupled with a passion and aptitude for technology driving business solutions.
The candidate requires a thorough understanding of customer care, discreet manufacturing and distribution business processes and practices, and ERP systems. As a leader within IT this role will partner with business to understand and anticipate need while influencing and driving business improvement and systems adoption. This position plays a key role in continuous improvement and advancing business performance following a best-practice based approach.
The candidate must be self-confident, assertive and self-motivated. The individual will be both hands-on and lead teams to plan, design and implement efficient business and systems solutions for optimization of the business operations. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of proposed projects and systems requirements. Partnering with business leaders and operations in driving business value and continuous improvement through application of PPI principles and techniques. Will also include lead and manage projects.
- Primary liaison between business and IT.
- Advisor to the business on IT and business-practice related matters.
- Manage and mentor a small team of business analysts in their daily work and professional development.
- Lead IT steering committee meetings with key business leadership to manage, prioritize and execute on an IT project portfolio.
- Analyze and document business requirements in cooperation with business leadership, process owners and key users.
- Analyze, model and document current-state and future-state business processes using process modeling tools and follow a consistent modeling methodology.
- Design and implement process improvements and system enhancements that conform to industry and application best-practices.
- Prepare IT investment proposals and demonstrate the value of IT investments in financial and strategic terms to business and IT leadership.
- Maximize the utilization of existing business applications and technologies to meet business requirements and to improve the leverage of IT assets.
- Act as project manager on IT intensive business improvement projects.
- Establish good working relationships with peers in other divisions and explore joint system and process improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, operations management or engineering (equivalent work experience acceptable).
- 8+ years of progressive experience implementing and/or supporting business (ERP) systems in distribution or discrete manufacturing environments.
- Excellent knowledge of cross functional business processes and best practices in manufacturing and distribution operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including directors, managers, subject matter experts and end-users.
- Motivated to drive projects to successful completion, whether leading an initiative, supporting a team, or working independently.
- Focused on results by emphasizing delivery of measurable business benefits.
- Strong analytical skills, including excellent proficiency in discovering business needs and understanding complex process, systems or data issues.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- SAP ERP (ECC: MM/PP, SD, QM, VC, EWM) and Baan
- Business process modeling and analysis.
- Proven experience with enabling the gathering of data from multiple sources to support advanced analytics using data warehousing and applications to enable data driven decisions (ex. Cognos, Business Objects)
- Complex discrete make-to-order manufacturing environment.
- Product configuration technology (like SAP VC, BigMachines)
- Data analysis using SQL Queries
- Certifications: SAP, APICS, CBAP, PMP, ITIL, etc.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join