When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Purification Network Procurement Lead has overall responsibility for assigned purchasing activities for the Bedford site ensuring uninterrupted global supply of direct materials, indirect materials and services including raw materials, packaging materials and OEM finished goods and services. This position’s primary objective is to acquire inbound materials and services on time and complete, from approved Global Suppliers at competitive costs as required to support the operations and improve the organization’s profitability.
- Management of the assigned transactional purchasing as well as handle the daily orders, expediting and internal customer service of all raw materials consumed in manufacturing. Some indirect materials are included.
- Performance management of supplier performance .
- Help develop, and enable the Purchasing Organization to achieve strategic objectives.
- Help Implement inventory control programs including Pay at Consumption, JIT & KANBAN to achieve cash flow objectives without compromising material availability.
- Participate in formalized risk mitigation programs to reduce vulnerability of supply chain interruptions.
- Effective supplier management relationships focused on availability, quality & cost.
- Help provide internal support to all other departments.
- Assist with procurement strategies to internal and external customers.
- Understand regulatory & market requirements and their impacts on the supply chain.
- Be proficient and effective supporting implementation of change management.
- Maintain a positive results oriented attitude that promotes teamwork with peers, subordinates, commercial, plants & other support areas and suppliers while driving significant change.
- Stay abreast of Best Practices, current / future policies and procedures, regulatory / trade requirements, and market dynamics appropriate to function.
- Optimize utilization of ERP/MRP in an MTO & MTS environment
- Achieve financial goals of the Procurement Organization.
- Participate on process improvement teams to drive cost savings and process improvement.
- BS in business, engineering, supply chain management or technical oriented field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- APICS, CSPM or equivalent certification preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Purchasing or Sourcing required.
- Must demonstrate maturity in dealing with conflict and have superior communication skills including listening, verbal and written.
- Strong ability to envision the optimal global sourcing strategy and critical success factors internally and externally needed to achieve.
- Proven ability to support department mission by maintaining favorable relationships with peers, subordinates, suppliers and customers.
- Flexible, adjust readily to new situations while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty. Able to leverage knowledge of operations and develop solutions to complex issues.
- Strong customer focus with proven service oriented attitude under all situations.
- Superior negotiation skills and understanding of contracts, supply agreements
- Excellent analytical capability as well as attention to detail.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join