When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Scientist I, Research & Development
- Understanding and implementing relevant company and department policies and procedures
- Accountable for maintenance of a safe work environment including proper staff training in laboratory safety procedures, maintenance and stocking of proper safety equipment and supplies
- Understanding and performing daily testing of reagents for development, improvement, and troubleshooting HLA gene typing products or related issues
- Attendance and participation in scheduled planning meetings and/or status meetings
- Maintain required reagents (reference samples, assay buffers, and labeling reagents, etc.), laboratory environment and equipment needed to carry out assigned projects
- Assist in maintenance and updating of all required SOP’s and quality records of equipment maintenance, tests, analyses and other relevant data
- Prioritize daily assignments approved by Supervisor, Research Manager or Vice President to ensure completion of the assignments
- As a member of a designated project team, actively participate in intra-department meetings and assist other project teams to resolve technical/operational issues and/or provide support
- Collaborate closely with other teams in DNA department to complete highest priority work as directed
- Provide technical assistance in development of DNA-based molecular typing reagents for HLA and related genes for clinical use
- This position interacts with the laboratory staffs including project leaders and general laboratory staff members in coordinating daily activities
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive laboratory and business data. He/she is expected to maintain work schedules as assigned. This position will on a timely basis notify immediate supervisor of status and completion of assigned work projects/tasks. In addition, he/she will ensure that safe laboratory procedures and protocols are followed at all times especially in the application of universal precautions in handling of all blood and blood byproducts. All laboratory personnel are expected to notify their immediate supervisors of any unsafe conditions and/or practices and to take appropriate corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Biological Sciences, Chemistry, or related field
- Three (3) months of laboratory experience and specific knowledge of molecular biology and recombinant DNA techniques
- Experience performing laboratory bench work
- Ability to communicate effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a cooperative member of a research team
- Plan and organize oneself in a reliable and consistent manner
- Prepare and present production reports to management regarding daily activities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- General laboratory and office environment, prolonged standing/walking and sitting positions are sometimes required for conducting experiments, data input, and data analysis.
This position has not been budgeted for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join