Job Title: Software Engineer III
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world. Visit us at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Introduction to the Division /Function: Emerging Technology
Emerging Technology is Thermo Fisher’s “Software Engineering” centre of excellence in Bengaluru. This centre of excellence provide the world-class software and cloud computing service that the scientific community demands. Cloud computing is a recent technological development with the potential to significantly change lab workflows and facilitate access to powerful data analysis techniques. It will serve as an extension of Thermo Fisher’s Software R&D teams while enhancing its responsiveness to the needs of customers globally.
The role of a hands-on back end developer (individual contributor) who is motivated with an art of programming thereby actively contribute to the development of new features. The role is expected to make a difference to the product in terms of the quality, agility and contribute towards identifying technical risks and alternate solutions to various problems.
The role as a Technical Project Manager (TPM or Scrum Master), who will be responsible for leading our agile scrum process for project teams building a public cloud based SaaS delivery platform and associated application services. The scrum master will also be responsible for coaching/mentoring the existing team on scrum methodology.
- Be able to switch between developer and scrum master roles.
- Responsible for ownership of multiple significant software modules.
- Responsible for leading the integrity of technical work on significant concurrent projects.
- Plans, participates and performs the technical work of an assignment.
- Provides guidance regarding programming activity to other peers on technical aspects relating to the project.
- Communicates effectively with the teams and stakeholders, and be able to make decisions with technical and functional skills.
- Conduct various scrum meetings, communicate with other scrum roles effectively, conduct daily stand ups and remove impediments.
- Coach scrum team. Act as a guide to quality/compliance guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains thorough and accurate documentation of all work.
BE/BTech or equivalent in computer science, electrical/electronics engineering, or related field is required, with a minimum of 6+ years of directly related work experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive expertise in Java, J2EE, Spring. Expertise in OOAD principles and methodologies (e.g. UML) with an experience of at least 4 years.
- Web Service design experience: SOAP Request/Response handling, authentication, REST APIs
- Experience with databases, persistence frameworks, and SQL
- Extensive knowledge and discipline in software engineering process and data structures.
- Expertise in Configuration Management tools and concepts required
- Experience as a scrum master for at least 2 years. Certification (CSM) is a major plus.
- Having a wide range of experience and understanding of trends and technologies uses technical knowledge to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Proficiency with AWS is a plus.
- Exposure to design, development and automated testing of SaaS products.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join