Director, IT Deliver Excellence – HR Technology Services
Reports To: Vice President, Information Technology
Position Location: Global
Number of Direct Reports: 8 - 10
The Delivery Excellence team is accountable for developing the tools, methods, processes and execution of the HR Technology Services, Legal and Compliance, and Global Business Services portfolios.
In this role, you will lead the development and management of the Delivery Excellence Capability. This capability is made up of our project management office, agile methods, architecture, could evangelism, software quality and testing, usability and user experience, change and communications, and regulatory and compliance capabilities. Working as part of the leadership team within HRTS you will be responsible for developing, championing and driving the overall project and service portfolio of HR Technology Services.
Drawing on previous hands-on experience and technical excellence you will help deliver innovative solutions using agile and other methodologies. You will be recognized as a highly credible industry expert who is passionate about raising the bar for technical excellence and can bring this passion to our products, people and processes.
Specifically, this role will provide the Technical and Business leadership to establish a world class Delivery Capability. The role will involve working closely with our business partners and across all of HRTS, to create a lean agile delivery organization, utilizing leading edge software tools, methods and platforms.
Key Position Responsibilities:
The key area of focus for this role is to build a world class Delivery Capability.
The candidate will be accountable for (but not limited to) the following activities:
- Developing the overall project & service delivery approach for all projects delivered by the HRTS, Legal, and GBS services capabilities.
- Be the domain and solution architect for our solutions.
- Be a cloud evangelist to promote the Thermo Fisher strategic to move to the cloud.
- As a leader, you will be expert at leading all functions related to ensuring projects are delivered to the highest quality of software products and large-scale technology services.
- Generate high-level quality goals, which align with Thermo Fisher’s overall objectives and translating them into well-formulated tactical action plans for results.
- Coaching and mentoring business analysts, project managers and engineers.
- Creating an environment that promotes collaboration within and across teams.
- An undeniable passion for agile project delivery, coupled with a strong sense of ownership to evolve and drive the project delivery agenda within the organisation.
- Forward thinking and that they can lead the HRTS organisation and influence project delivery at a global level.
- An ability to develop strategy and negotiate senior management approval.
- Provide leadership and guidance in areas of agile project delivery.
- Manage project budgets ensuring all projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Expert knowledge of software development, testing processes, and methodologies, and maintained by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Self-motivation and an ability to contribute to rapidly evolving programs.
- Superior technical and interpersonal problem-solving skills.
- A strong track record of delivering at a senior leadership level, driving team engagement and delivering on commitments
- Provide excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels, but particularly ability to present complex data and critical issues effectively to peers, large groups, customers and executives with clarity.
- Experience with and knowledge of tools that can help make software delivery and testing more effective. Preference for experience with the following tools: Jira, Confluence; Code coverage and analysis: Clover, SonarCube (code coverage and analysis); Stash (code review); Bamboo, puppet (CI, deployment, and release management); Zephyr, Selenium, jMeter, TestComplete
- Perform work without significant direction. Translating strategic initiatives into objectives and executable tasks.
- Frequent contact with personnel and outside customer representatives at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling or specific phases of projects or contracts. Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings for internal and external functions and customers.
Leadership and Management
- Coach, mentor and provide leadership development to team members.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to speak comfortably on business and technical subjects to the executive team
Business Acumen and Vendor Management
- Evaluate and recommend technology solutions and coordinate the design, development, testing, implementation, documentation and training of business changes, plan or policy changes and regulatory compliance changes affecting the HR system infrastructure.
- Provide oversight and structure to projects with an objective to ensure repeatable project success through organizing projects in a structured portfolio, providing methods, processes and tools to plan, execute and monitor projects.
- Evaluate software vendor offerings to improve/enhance Human Resources efficiency and enhance value of IT as a trusted business partner.
- Effectively manage ongoing relationships with third-party vendors
Strategic/Technical Vision and Client Service Orientation
- Provide support for HR including, but not limited to, researching and resolving problems, unexpected results or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Align with business strategy and proactively define multi-year technology roadmap
- Supports the HR reporting and workforce analytics strategy by ensuring the systems are managed to provide highly reliable and secure data solutions.
- Educate business partners about new development processes and technology capabilities and advocate for business partners within the broader systems organization.
- Bachelor’s degree; technology related area of study, human resources, computer science or related field preferred
- Strong knowledge of HR technologies and database design, including Workday, Kenexa, and other HCM technology
- Proven knowledge of functional HR practices and functions, including eligibility and enrolment rules, benefit procedures and compensation planning in order to ensure correct implementation.
- Strong agile project management skills (create and maintain documentation, create detailed project plan, manage task execution, perform change management) to effectively balance competing priorities during project lifecycles while adhering to specific deadlines.
- Proven ability to successfully navigate large corporate organizations. Must have proven success in leading projects and demonstrated skills in building consensus spanning multiple departments and business units.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with all levels of management, understand user needs, and offer suggestions to improve their requests
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join