Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, we enable customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, our worldwide team of 3200+ employees is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Check out these video's!
•Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
•How to make a microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
•The installation of a Talos at the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
•The world needs answer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Do you want to be a part of a company known to be a fast paced global leader in serving science? Are you passionate about making a difference and providing professional service for high-tech equipment? This is an exciting opportunity to work in a global company dedicated to improving the human condition and advancing research in industry. Our systems and value-added services enable our customers to conduct cutting-edge scientific research and develop Nobel Prize winning techniques.
You will become a part of the Benelux Materials and Structural Analysis Field Service team. As Field Service Supervisor your will combine servicing Electron Microscopes with specific managerial responsibilities. You enjoy being on the road and can expect to be travelling up to 50% of your time primarily to our customer sites within the Benelux with opportunities to support colleagues within Europe from time to time.
This role suits someone who enjoys working in a high-paced environment. Your proactive approach, team spirit and eagerness to continuously develop your skills are what will ultimately drive our success. Our organization is developing and we guarantee an interesting and challenging position in an international environment with opportunity for professional and personal growth.
Your key responsibilities:
• Performing field service activities, including on-site installation, upgrades, preventive maintenance and system repairs
• Solving a broad range of hardware and/or software problems of varying scope and complexity
• Providing proactive and responsive technical telephone and email support, ensuring that our customers are successful in the use of their instrumentation
• Coordinating daily activities and setting priorities for defined group of Field Service Engineers
• Managing escalations, interacting with peer Supervisors and other departments
• Assuring highest level of Customer Experience to achieve customer satisfaction and loyalty
• Working with Account Manager on sales projects and preparation for system installations
• Assists the Service Manager with people planning, team development and other HR related topics
• Provides assistance for the Service Manager with performance management, contracts sales and follows up on business issues within the defined area
Qualifications, talents and skills needed to succeed in the role:
• Typically requires a Bsc or MSc degree or equivalent qualification in mechatronics,
electronics/engineering or other applicable experience in a high-tech environment.
• Experience in a Field Service Engineer role working in a high-tech environment
• Highly organized, on top of things and in control of administrative work, including reporting and customer queries, also when being in the field and the pace is high
• The ideal candidate has experience coordinating work for a team
• Excellent communication skills in English and local language both verbal and in writing
• Excellent skills in motivating, persuading and inspiring a team
• Analytical trouble shooting and problem solving abilities
• Independent, service-minded and educational in the approach towards customers
• Self-starter, likes to be challenged
• Knowledge of Electron Microscopes is an advantage but not a requirement.
• Driving license required
We offer you the unique opportunity to work in a multinational with many chances to develop yourself. Within the job of Field Service Engineer, we offer an extensive and professional training program within in an open company culture. We welcome you to an innovative environment with great opportunities to explore and grow.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join