When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
US- California- Carlsbad
How will you make an impact?
The Technical Applications Scientist is responsible for providing remote pre and post sales technical support of Life Technologies products to customers and field personnel, as well as relaying customer feedback to the organization.
What will you do?
- Provide technical support via phone or electronically to customers, external and internal
- Requires in depth knowledge of Antibodies and Immunoassays products and services
- Maintain highly accurate records in the service database for compliance regulations
- Provide basic application support for internal and external customers
- Consistently and proactively solve complex problems with no guidance from peers or manager
- Develops and leads implementation of plans to improve technical services capabilities while working towards corporate/individual revenue and customer allegiance goals
- Resolves and/or escalates customer issues and complaints
- Strives to increase customer satisfaction on a daily basis
- Mentors and advises peers on technical and customer related issues
- All other duties as assigned by Technical Support Manager and/or Supervisor
How will you get here?
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field
Preferred Qualifications: MS or PhD in Biology or related field
- Minimum 7-10 years hands-on experience w/ multicolor flow cytometry, including sample preparation, data acquisition, and analysis
- Experience with assay and instrument troubleshooting a plus
- Preferred 2-5 years hands-on experience using Thermo Fisher Scientific fluorescent labeling kits
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Partners effectively as part of a team to solve problems, negotiate solutions and arrive at a consensus.
- Has technical knowledge that is valued and leveraged by internal stakeholder groups
- Project or team leadership experience and customer training experience in an industry setting a plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join