About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally.
Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
The primary objective of the regional marketing organization is to lead the transformation of the global Antibodies and Immunology Systems business strategy into regionally relevant, inspiring marketing that creates customer value, revenue and growth.
- To establish the regional marketing strategy for Antibodies and Immunology Systems in EMEA.
- To work closely with the Commercial sales leaders to achieve financial goals.
- To deliver EMEA Marketing revenue targets and improve Marketing ROI.
- To drive growth at 2% above market growth.
- Regularly interact with senior leadership, negotiate and influence on critical policy-making decisions both within the EMEA leadership team and the Divisional leadership team.
- Regularly interact with customers to make sure VOC defines all marketing activities, know customer segments and their drivers and understand the different customer operating procedures across EMEA’s geographies.
- Lead segmentation strategy.
Working with Divisions and BU’s
- Work collaboratively with all Business Unit Global Market Development managers to give input to strategy and create tactical campaigns, programs and projects that can be deployed in EMEA taking into consideration the needs of the regional markets and commercial organisation.
- Attend regular Business Unit (BU) meetings, both Strategic and Marketing, as voice of EMEA and customer VOC.
- Interact with BU Product Management to understand the implications in the region for NPI’s, manage the EMEA NPI launch process ensuring value proposition, positioning and segmentation are appropriate for to achieve revenue targets.
- Launch new products in an engaging and collaborative manner, hitting top line targets.
- Lead campaign strategy, channel mix and ensure deployment; Define and Review appropriate metrics to track success in EMEA.
- Proactively participate in the annual planning process.
- Responsible for integrating regional marketing dynamics into business strategy using analysis of markets, customer segmentation, competitive environment.
Working with Marketing Operations and EMEA functional teams
- Work with Marketing Project Manager (MPM) and MarCom partners to define and deploy campaign, programs and projects in EMEA considering breadth of sales channels, breadth of marketing communications channels and range of geographies.
- Work with Marketing Intel to understand macro and micro market influences in EMEA and define specific country solutions.
- Work with Marketing Analytics to understand ROI and revenue generation for specific marketing activities.
Working with Commercial leaders and sales channels
- Ensure all sales channels have appropriate tools and training to achieve their goals.
- Prepare and present at business reviews and marketing reviews as appropriate.
- Work together with the Commercial training team to organize training of new hires and distribution partners.
- Communicate with the appropriate sales channel on new products/new tools available, ensuring alignment between Sales channel and BU strategy.
Revenue & Budget Responsibility:
- Deliver marketing activities to achieve marketing revenues goal and commercial revenue goals.
- Set regional pricing, during the annual pricing round and off cycle to adjust and ensure price points are regionally relevant & based on input of the business, sales leaders and the competitive environment. Responsible for NPI pricing.
Skills and Background:
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong marketing background with proven experience in both strategic and tactical marketing (at least 5 years).
- Knowledge of scientific techniques including flow cytometry and ELISAs.
- Knowledge of key scientific application areas, particularly immunology.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload.
- Ability to work in a large organization within a matrix.
- Demonstrates the 4is; Innovation, integrity, intensity and involvement.