Thermo Fisher Scientific Pte Ltd
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science. We enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer by providing analytical instruments, equipment, reagents and consumables, software and services for research, analysis, discovery and diagnostics. With annual sales of $17 billion, we have over 55,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. For more information, please visit us at www.thermofisher.com.
Job Title: IT Site Support Manager
Information Technology supports countries across Singapore, South East Asia and Taiwan. The IT Site Support Team Lead is responsible for ensure the efficient and effective deliver of IT site support requirements. Leading a team of site support specialists to manage delivery of site support solutions in response to internal customer requests.
- Hire, coach and develops IT employees to deliver IT services to internal customers in Singapore, South East Asia and Taiwan.
- Provide site leadership to the effort required to protect the company’s data, tools and information systems.
- Understand and enforces company’s infrastructure architecture standards and policies to maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility.
- Coordinate delivery projects and services to user groups.
- Monitor data center, applications, equipment for uninterrupted IT services.
- Establish operational objectives and work plans, delegates assignments.
- Establish and adheres to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
- Collaborate with global infrastructure, application and security to implement company standards as needed.
- Collaborate with business partners deliver usable IT solutions.
- Maintain system documentation and change control logs.
- Occasional travel to the other branches as required.
- Escalating more complex help desk requests/issues to relevant technical staff.
- Ensuring new staffs are provided with the required hardware on time.
- Diagnosing PC / Hardware faults and supply solutions as required.
- Assisting in the updates of software patching as required e.g. Anti-virus and Windows Updates or other
- Manage vendors and deliver scope of work or agreement.
- Keeping system documentation up to date including hardware/equipment registers and mobile listings.
- Assisting technical staff in the event of Major incident or critical system failures.
- Assisting employees with software and hardware issues e.g. Microsoft Office, printers, mobile and other business applications.
- Contribute to and follow global IT standards, IT security and procedures.
- Work with regional and local IT Teams on global and local IT projects.
- Maintain business partnership with business units.
- Standardize processes, deliver consistent treatment to employees and be compliance.
- Manage IT finances, develop Annual Operating Plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of IT professionals in a fast-paced, large company environment.
- Relevant technical certificates a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently.
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience.
- Advanced knowledge in creating and maintaining management level and detailed project plans utilizing Microsoft products.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Strong project management and analytical skills and understanding of project management lifecycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to influence, change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations.
- Ability to quickly learn the culture of an organization.
- Ability to understand the business objectives and IT strategy.
- Broad knowledge of hardware, software, desktop support and IT security is required.
- Subject matter knowledge of user group for practical application of system characteristics required.
- Previous experience in hiring employees and completing performance evaluations.
- Experience in helpdesk support.
- 20% travel required.
Skills & Attributes
- High level of problem solving ability and excellent attention to detail.
- Project management skills preferred.
- A strong customer focus with a commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to liaise with staff at different levels of the business and manage small projects.
- Willingness to work outside of business hours where necessary.
- Ability to prioritize helpdesk jobs according to business priorities.
- Able to work independently while thriving in a team.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in IT site support.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join