Sr, Supply Chain Planning Manager
Job ID :
US - New York - Rochester
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position Summary and Objectives
The Senior Manager, Supply Chain Planning manages the activities of the supply planning team which consist of: Forecasting, Purchasing, Inventory planning and Supply Chain design and execution management for the Laboratory Products Division Supply Chain. This role reports into Director of Global Supply Chain Planning.
What will you do?
• Identify and successfully execute supply chain improvement opportunities throughout the LPD Supply Chain in North America by working collaboratively with Site Operations Teams, Global Planning and BU teams through use of PPI / Lean tools & techniques.
• Achieve stated customer service objectives and lead recovery levels, where required.
• Develop and/or maintain existing metrics (KPIs) associated with demand, supply, service, and inventory management.
• Develop a monthly finished goods inventory plan that’s aligned with internal factories requirements.
• Ensure visibility to demand changes, strategic inventory actions for new products & promotions, and discontinuances to Site/ BU/Division Leadership and lead supply chain-related activity for such events.
• Serve as the primary resource to analyze inventory, supply schedules, backorders, bookings, purchases and sales in response to ongoing projects and/or periodic business requests.
• Design and analyze supply chain models and scenarios for the different products and sites within the business unit to ensure the implementation and maintenance of the most efficient supply chain possible.
• Drive transparency and standardized work in supply chain planning organization.
• Provide coaching, leadership and development opportunities to the Planning team further increase competency of each role.
• Effectively and proactively communicate with all levels of leadership about identified supply constraints and demand growth opportunities.
• Support the data development process for global supply chain projects.
• Reinforce and role model the corporate values.
How will you get here?
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field is required. Master of Business Administration (MBA) or other advanced degree preferred.
• 7-10 years related experience, with 5 plus years of people management experience.
• Minimum of seven years related business experience.
• Experience working with suppliers in the major countries and regions of the world (China, USA, East Europe, Europe, South America).
• Strong Lean and/or Six Sigma working experience with demonstrated achievement of continuous improvement through utilization of Lean tools.
• Experience with New Product Development or New Product Introduction with a focus on Design for Manufacturing and the transition from development to manufacturing.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Strong project management and team leadership skills with the ability to develop strong support for change
• Demonstrated experience of optimizing inventory turns by understanding ABC classifications, MOQ and lead time optimization. Experience with strategies to eliminate E&O
• Proven knowledge and ability to define, lead and implement benchmark Supply Chain processes (stocking strategy, stocking parameters, Kanban, Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP).
• Experience in implementing/improving existing SIOP.
• Self-Starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
• High degree of personal initiative and self-motivation. Pro-active, with a bias for action.
• Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multitask.
• Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join