When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Essential Job Duties
- Column Production Lab:
- Column testing
- Computer data entry
- Column Box assembly
- Column Labeling and Boxing
- May perform or assist in instrument and equipment maintenance and qualification.
- Maintains appropriate schedule and records
- Solvent Disposal
- Solvent Restocking
- Supply ordering/with supervisor/purchasing
- Directed experiments
- Documents detailed and accurate records (computer and notebook)
- Completes all assigned training
- Reads, understands, and follows methods, SOPs, work instructions, safety requirements, regulatory guidelines, and company policies.
- Maintains laboratory cleanliness at all times to minimise the risk to health and contamination of equipment.
- Continues to acquire and develop the necessary skills and knowledge to ensure continuing personal growth to meet the needs of the job and the success of the business.
- Encourages mutual respect and co-operation within your departmental team and those of other departments.
- Knows, fully understands the purpose of operational practices, health & safety regulations, OSHA requirements, and ISO9000/ISO13485/FDA 21CFR820 quality procedures, and works accordingly.
- Ensures that health and safety procedures are adhered to and that considerations are given to improve safe working practices to take reasonable care for oneself and others who may be affected by one’s acts or omissions.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Decision Making Authority
- Recommendations to Supervisor Production on packing and testing procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Prior experience in a manufacturing or laboratory environment is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate with varying functional leaders both internally and externally
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong historical evidence of a Process driven and Data driven approach to problem solving
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be punctual and meet attendance requirements
- The ability to learn chromatography software and Microsoft Office as needed.
- The ability to become proficient in Good Laboratory and Good Manufacturing Practices and standards
- Quick and well-coordinated in movement of the hands
- The ability to work under pressure and change assignments quickly
- Must be able to communicate information with others verbally and in written forms
- Must have good mathematical skills
- Basic problem solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Proficient with assembly equipment/processes used in department
- The ability to learn and utilize Lean manufacturing and PPI Continuous Improvement tools
- Must read and understand written procedures (SOP's) and/or verbal instruction
- Must be able to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to work independently with occasional assistance
- Ability to take ownership for general processes/products
- The ability to meet deadlines and targets.
- The ability and willingness to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Must have basic understanding of Production Schedules
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join