Job Title: General Manager
Position Location: Mount Prospect, IL
Number of Direct Reports: 6
Fisher Clinical Services, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a leading provider of global clinical supply chain. With unwavering commitment to service, science and process engineering, Fisher Clinical Services is powered by people with an exceptional commitment to quality, deeply instilled ethics of personal responsibility and unrivaled expertise. We are exclusively focused on serving the packaging and distribution requirements of clinical trials across the world. Whether planning, packaging, labeling, storing, or distributing the important supplies needed to perform clinical research, for more than 27 years Fisher Clinical Services has been committed to delivering the highest possible value while ensuring adherence to the highest level of quality, performance, reliability and sustainability standards. http://www.fisherclinicalservices.com/
The General Manager directs and coordinates all of the activities of the Fisher Clinical Services – Mount Prospect business unit. The position is responsible for formulating and administering long-range goals including directing and coordinating activities of the business unit and departments for which responsibility is delegated to further attainment of goals and objectives. The General Manager reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, forecast data and conditions to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives while ensuring that mutually effective customer relations are developed and maintained.
- Direct and coordinate all of the activities performed by departments having local responsibility within the Fisher Clinical Services Mt Prospect unit.
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations, forecast data and conditions to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives while ensuring that mutually effective customer relations are developed and maintained.
- Actively engage with our customers to strengthen key partnerships, leverage our services to solve key pain points, and deliver profitable financial growth through.
- Work closely with the customer on initiatives to ensure mutually satisfying development, implementation and execution.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Direct, monitor and effectively appraise the performance of all direct reports recommending or providing training and development activities where appropriate.
- Recruits, hires, and manages the sites employees and ensures the division’s organizational structure is appropriate to support current and future operations.
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- Recommend and define objectives in each area of responsibility. Develop specific short-term and long-range site plans and programs as well as supporting budget requests and financial estimates.
- Review and approve, or develop and submit for approval, plans for the adequate control of Operations quality, budget spending, capital improvements, customer service and human resources.
- Review performance against operating plans and standards. Provide reports and interpretation of results to direct reports.
- Ensure site regulatory compliance and make recommendations for the improvement of policies and procedures.
- Foster and maintain a customer focused culture throughout the site.
- Ensure that Production schedules are prepared and executed which meet customer needs, designated timelines and financial objectives.
- Cooperate and engage with other leaders within FCS North America and globally to achieve site, business unit and divisional goals.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- BS/BA degree in business or the sciences required; advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical clinical or commercial supply experience and 5 years progressive business management experience.
- 7+ years of management experience.
- Concise writing and public speaking/presentation skills are desirable for reporting to the Executive Leadership Team.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and decision making in a complex and fast moving environment.
- Results-oriented with strong decision making ability.
- Proven ability to motivate people.
- Participative management style with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel 20%
- Experience running a Manufacturing-Packaging/Distribution facility, with financial acumen, 100+ employees, and Clinical/Pharma or Bio Pharma experience preferred.
- Experience in the CRO industry with drug development and/or clinical supply services requiring advanced IS or other solution is highly preferred.