Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Continuous Improvement (internally referred to as PPI) Lean Engineer is an entry level position for recent graduates of an Engineering Degree program and is intended to develop our new PPI Lean leaders. Under the guidance of the PPI Lean leader the PPI Lean Engineer will develop, participate and execute improvement projects and trainings eliminating waste and increasing employee engagement in PPI Lean theories, establishing a culture of continuous improvement. The PPI Lean Engineer will routinely be trained in new methodologies developing as a subject matter expert within the organization. There will be regular interaction with functional groups and potential benchmarking opportunities from other locations. Excellent communication skills a must as leading cross functional teams and reporting to PPI leadership will be required.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- A strong background in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required as this knowledge will be utilized in the daily PPI Lean Engineer role.
- Measure and monitor results of improvement efforts and drive scheduled performance meetings.
- Identify needs and develop lean training for all aspects of the business enterprise to further the implementation of the PPI Lean program.
- Responsible for project / PPI reporting, maintenance and analysis
- Completes time studies of specified processes to determine improved flow methodology and assists department manager in implementation of new process methods.
- Provides project management leadership to complete projects assigned to meet specified goals and timelines.
- Identify and drive best practices across the business
- Studies processes and product requirements making recommendations for improvements.
- Assists department leadership teams in planning and utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and personnel.
- Any other task as requested by Manager
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong problem solving / project management / analytical skills
- Some Operations / Manufacturing experience
- Some understanding of Lean principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate skills in PC software applications including MS Office, (Visual Basic and SQL a plus)
- Ability to travel required <15%
- BS degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred) from an accredited higher learning institution.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
• 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. .
• High Mix / Low Volume electro Mechanical manufacturing experience an advantage.
Relocation budget has not been approved for this position.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join