Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and supports\\\\ the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200 people is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
• Corporate organization https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
• Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
• How to make a microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
• the installation of a Thalos System at the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
The Sales and Service Division (SSD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific is charged with selling and servicing Electron Microscopy products in geographical territories worldwide. The SSD Organization serves as the primary Thermo Fisher Scientific contact to both potential customers and current customers alike, providing a range of value-added products and services and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
Due to our continuous growth in Life Sciences we’re looking for an experienced Service Manager who will analyze the ‘as is’ situation and comes up with a plan and initiatives to improve and expand our services. These initiatives will be focused on Customer satisfaction on Life Science systems as well as growth and long term strategy. A number of these areas are global installation visibility, escalations, training readiness by region and ensuring common issues related to spare parts or new system quality are reported to the correct groups.
The Field Service Manager works closely with the Life Science market divisions and the sales and service management team to ensure that the following key objectives are achieved:
• Strategies for effective global support are developed, agreed and executed
• Customer satisfaction is maintained at high levels when compared competitively
• Manage global installations for Life Science Systems
• Manage global escalations for Life Science Systems
• Global resourcing levels are understood and achieved
• Appropriate service account management (site management) capabilities are established at each key site, together with required technical skills
• Service revenues and costs are in line with business plan/budgetary requirements
• Support global and region P&L and define strategy for continuous growth
• Key reporting and metrics are set up and maintained for each key site and product
• Through the Technical Support group, push for product quality and reliability improvements as indicated by data derived from site activity
• Represent Thermo Fisher company and service as a manager in customer interactions
• Ability to manage staff, assign specific duties, and create a constructive and cooperative working relationship.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• University degree in a related technical field
• Extensive experience within a related industry
• Proven ability in leading service organizations within a medium to large scale company, providing support to equipment customers
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with international customers
• Superior influencing and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to drive change within organizations
• Strong business management skills
• Ability to travel 30-50% domestically and Internationally
A highly dynamic and challenging high tech environment where you will be interfacing with stakeholders across all levels of our organization. We guide you through factory training in the first 5 months, where you will learn ins and outs on our Transmission Electron Microscopes! You will be trained in our PMP process, mentored by our specialists and will learn project management. We offer decent contract with a good market conform salary and excellent secondary benefit, training.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join