- This position is responsible for planning all aspects of production using a ERP Integrated Database.
- The individual will perform Supply Planning and in some occasions Demand Planning for assigned products to meet on-time delivery targets and customer service goals while optimizing inventory investment and maximize production efficiency.
- This position will require complex analysis of data to determine the most cost effective, optimal production schedule that Manufacturing can successfully execute to, in addition to inventory analysis, projections and control.
- The senior planner will act as a back-up for the Planning Manager.
- Responsible for key performance indicators such as on-time delivery, maintaining Safety Stock levels of products and internal raw material shortages levels.
- Maintenance of MRP master data parameters for established products and new product transfers to ensure accurate signals for quantity and dates generated by MRP (i.e. production lead times, lot sizing, safety stock and/or safety time) to minimize excess inventory.
- Implement material master changes, product structures, BOMs and
PCO’s into production process as required.
- Recalculate orders and requirements as needed by analyzing trends in demand, changes in lead time, minimum order quantities, standard batch sizes and safety stock levels.
- Follow up on open orders and partial shipments and expedite as required.
- Attend daily management stand -up meetings and provide regular and timely status updates on planning and production issues impacting replenishment to management.
- Partner effectively with external departments including Demand Planning, Customer Service, R&D, PMO, QC/QA, Marketing, Manufacturing, Logistics to resolve issues impacting areas of responsibility.
- Identify and proactively communicate inventory stock level risks to Management, Marketing/OEM Customer service teams.
- Interface with manufacturing managers/supervisors to coordinate and prioritize product availability to support customer service efforts.
- Oversees the material planning aspects of new product launches, rebranding, and specification changes to products.
- Analyze root causes of stock outs or inventory variances and work with cross-functional teams to implement corrective and preventive measures.
- Responsible for ISO and QSR compliance and improvement initiatives within reporting department.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to other planners.
- Act as a back-up for the Planning Manager.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. A focused degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Math, Engineering, or Logistics is preferred.
- APICS certification is preferred
- 6 - 10 years of planning, purchasing, manufacturing, inventory or combined experience is required
- QAD/SAP experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (especially Excel).
- Experience with MRP replenishment process and level loading planning a plus
- Possess strong analytical and quantitative skills and excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives and while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
Must have a minimum of 5 years working with ERP systems
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join