Working within the company’s Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) and CSO Office leadership, the Associate Program Manager will lead the internal communication initiatives of the CSO and CSO Office, with a global network of more than 5,000 talented and dedicated R&D employees. This Associate Program Manager will also support other CSO Office initiatives as appropriate. There is no limit to the impact our product portfolio can have on the world, and as a member of this team, you will help to share the pure awe-inspiring impact of our R&D colleagues who work day in and day out to ensure our customers can rely on us for their important work.
We are looking for an energetic communicator with a strong knowledge of internal communication practices and vehicles to help connect employees to the company’s mission, R&D and each other.
As part of the CSO Office’s team and in partnership with HR, we’ll rely on your creativity and skills in developing communication deliverables that highlight the organization’s goals, strategy and successes.
You will be responsible for building an engaged, informed Thermo Fisher Scientific R&D Community with effective operating mechanisms and communication channels. This role ensures connectivity and knowledge sharing within the Company’s R&D community as well as fosters a culture and practice of celebrating innovation, collaboration, and scientific achievement within R&D and the broader Product Development community.
- Work with the Chief Scientific Officer and CSO Office leadership in conjunction with HR leadership, to deliver on established internal communications mechanisms to drive R&D employee engagement.
- Support the Chief Scientific Officer and CSO Office leaders on drafting leadership messages, video blogs, video interviews and other leadership communication mechanisms.
- Manage items related to the CSO and CSO Office internal communications strategy as needed. Provide communications support and guidance for employee engagement initiatives.
- Build content that highlights R&D successes, new product launches, publications and patents.
- Create content for town hall presentations, leader communication decks, intranet, videos and digests to help achieve CSO-related strategic responsibilities.
- In partnership with HR, write, review and edit organizational announcements and other communication content as needed, ensuring appropriate corporate processes are adhered to.
- Lead special projects as needed. An example could be partnering with cross-functional representatives in support of the R&D ecosystem, including collaboration with HR colleagues to champion R&D Talent preservation and strengthening. Ensures R&D Leadership engages in R&D talent discussions as part of regular operating mechanisms. Advocates for R&D career development planning using developed framework. Support talent management initiatives under the direction of the CSO, CSO Office and HR leadership.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in relevant discipline.
- Minimum three years of experience in communications-related role, with an emphasis on project management and content creation.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Expert writer, editor and communicator.
- Excellent PowerPoint capabilities.
- Experience in business social media platforms such as Yammer, intranet content development and other communication technology.
- Ability to work autonomously and comfortable with interfacing with diverse audiences, including senior leadership.
- Collaborates well with others. Builds effective business relationships. Works well with different personalities and understands their different motivations.
- Sense of humor, enthusiasm, risk-taker, resourceful, and technology savvy.
- Stretches across organizational structures, breaks silos and builds effective partnerships with colleagues. Ability to deliver results in a highly matrixed environment.
- Willingness to travel to Thermo Fisher sites as needed.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join