Job Title: Product Manager, Laboratory Services
Location: Rockville, MD
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is within the Fisher BioServices business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Product Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and managing new and existing laboratory services to support biobanking, biorepository, clinical research and advanced therapy clinical trials. The Product Manager will be responsible for developing new services, creating and implementing marketing plans and providing data related to competitors, the market, revenue forecasting and pricing strategies. The role requires a life sciences or clinical trials background and technical expertise in genomics, next generation sequencing, proteomics, sample preparation, specimen management, clinical trials and related services. The product manager will work closely with internal laboratory, biobanking and sales business stakeholders to develop service requirements and specifications, manage and communicate go-to-market strategies and related project plans and ensure service delivery on time and within budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage product/service strategies and guide business planning for future positioning and growth of Fisher BioServices laboratory services business.
- Perform market research; define market trends, investigate customer needs, customer requirements and product specifications.
- Select service features, develop value propositions, and validate with customers before market introduction.
- Leverage Thermo Fisher Scientific product and technology assets to build a relevant, robust laboratory services line.
- Assist in identifying and developing effective promotional and sales tools and collateral marketing pieces. Coordinate marketing communications activities and plans with Sales, Marketing and other domestic and international stakeholders to ensure consistency and effectiveness. Also, will create spec sheets, brochures, customer benefit documents, and web pages and will support seminars, shows and conferences as needed.
- Drive the implementation of new technologies and advanced methodologies to secure and defend market leadership, cost advantages, expedite prototyping, and/or provide superior product quality.
- Deliver technical presentations to the sales organization as well as to key customers.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision and objectives
- Technical acumen in laboratory services including genomics, next generation sequencing, proteomics, sample prep and sample processing.
- Working knowledge of cGMP and related cGxP regulations.
- Global mindset. Ability to work with global teams.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and feel at ease communicating regularly with technical and business teams as well as customers.
- Self-starter with the ability to create and execute plans with minimal supervision. Strong management, project management and planning skills, and comfortable making decisions and embracing changes.
- Ability to articulate and evaluate multiple complex ideas and align others around a recommended course of action; strong communicator to share vision and plans with others.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization structure.
- Ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple sites.
- Ability to build and analyze financial models to forecast and track results.
- Creativity to collect and distill customer requirements, understands competitive strengths and weaknesses, and develops compelling value propositions.
- Requires a Master’s degree in Biological Science or Molecular Biology, Ph.D. highly preferred.
- Previous product management experience in the life sciences, R&D or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Experience leading cross-functional marketing and sales teams, and working directly with customers.
- Must be able to travel 25% of the time as needed.
- 8am – 5pm, core hours, additional hours as needed.
- Ability to occasionally work around a cold environment with exposure to dry ice, liquid nitrogen cryogenics, hazardous and infectious agents, marked changes in temperature.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join