About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The SAP operations team is tasked with providing best-in-class IT support by applying standard SAP basis methodologies. Innovation Lead, SAP Basis will be responsible in providing new solutions on various processes around SAP basis areas. The work includes new implementations mainly designing, building and enforcing standard SAP Basis policies and procedures across the enterprise. In this position the Innovation Lead, SAP will establish the logical and technical SAP Basis architecture; develop process improvement solutions and drive implementations.
The Innovation Lead, SAP basis will play a key role in delivering IT strategic and strategic projects, developing technical solutions and working with internal SAP Basis and Security Team. This will also involve working with various internal IT teams to determine and build robust SAP Basis and Security solutions across multiple SAP environments (including ECC, S/4, CRM, eWM, SCM, C4C etc.). Additional responsibilities include monitoring SAP applications, reviewing and investigating application issues. The Innovation lead, SAP will collaborate with business process owners and other SAP functional teams to configure SAP applications to meet the business needs.
- 10+ years SAP Basis experience.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to support Basis and Security on latest versions of SAP S/4, ECC, CRM, eWM, SCM, SAP R/3 etc.
- Must have strong SAP Basis skills on Operating Systems Windows, Linux , Database with Hana , MS SQL and Oracle database . Knowledge in AS/400 and DB2 is preferable
- Must have SAP Installation and upgrade experience on both ABAP and Java stack
- Must have experience doing upgrades from ECC on-prem to Suite on Hana
- Must have experience deploying SAP applications on AWS(Amazon Web Services)
- Must have work knowledge using SAP DMO
- Must have strong Solution manager experience and expertise in ChaRM, QGM, Solution monitoring, Business process monitoring and dashboards
- Demonstrate proven ability to create Transport Domain Controller and administer Transport Management System
- Must be able to perform independently all standard SAP Basis Administrator duties including installations, upgrades, migrations, patches, system copies, user administration, printer setup, batch job scheduling and other ongoing duties
- Experience working with Operating System and Data Base Administrators for optimal SAP application performance
- Participate in and/or lead technical architecture discussions and designs
- Perform complex problem analysis providing an advanced level of application and end user support
- Perform application monitoring, troubleshooting, and tuning to ensure high availability, and performance standards are met
- Experience in SAP application capacity Planning, performance tuning
- Preferred experience working on Taxware, Vertex, Paymetric, Cybersource, Webmethods or Oracle Fusion Middleware, Connect ship and other bolt-on applications
- Must be willing to do on-call job for SAP application support
- Preferred working knowledge on SAP archiving
- Must have experience in Configure, deploy and manage SAP Security Roles (single and composite), Profiles and Authorizations throughout multiple SAP Landscapes to meet unique client security requirements
- Nice to have knowledge of SAP ASAP methodology
- Nice to have Knowledge in GRC functionality and capabilities in an SAP environment
- Risk Analysis, knowledge in Role and User Level Separation of Duties (SOD) analysis is preferred
- Experience working with SAP via OSS and Solution Manager to resolve technical problems
- Must be proficient in supporting SAP interfaces, batch job functionalities
- Support end-user acceptance testing in IT projects related to SAP
- Ability to work individually (self-motivated) and within a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with management by providing status information, suggesting corrective actions, and taking direction when decisions are made.
- Proven experience in using MS Office products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.
- SAP certification in SAP Basis and Security Administration or SAP Net weaver or Solution manager is preferred.
- A degree in computer science or related field.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work independently and to the highest quality in accordance to standard operating procedures.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join