The Senior Manager, eBusiness Strategic Programs will work cross-divisionally and cross-regionally to gather business requirements, develop prioritization, and build the roadmap for eBusiness projects across Thermo Fisher Scientific digital properties. He/she will work collaboratively with colleagues within eBusiness and regional leadership to support, implement, and track key strategic projects impacting the organization. The individual will provide strategic thought leadership and project management on complete digital business solutions across Thermo Fisher Groups, Divisions, and geographies.
The ideal candidate will come from a strong Marketing/Project Management background, with experience working with global teams and communicating effectively across multiple businesses, geographies, and cultures. It is critical that the person establish rapport, trust, and credibility throughout the organization.
- Lead and Manage a matrix team of Regional business and IT leaders in the development of persistent requirements for Thermo Fisher Scientific web properties and eBusiness initiatives
- Prioritize business requirements, develop business cases with funding requests (ARs), review functional specifications, and participate in functional reviews
- Execution of the eBusiness roadmap
- Define specific use cases, creation of ARs and alignment of Corporate and Regional strategic goals for the eBusiness organization
- Lead cross division, cross region, and global teams in workshops, input sessions, and focus groups to develop new web concepts
- Support and influence eCommerce Strategy and execution for major Thermo Fisher Scientific web properties
- Gain collective agreement from senior management on eBusiness and Digital priorities for major capital expenditure programs
- Analyze complex business needs as presented by both internal and external customers and stakeholders and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Inform and influence eBusiness Strategy and Execution for major Thermo Fisher Scientific web properties by working collaboratively with Division and Region leadership and Corporate management
- Excellent analytical, project management and planning skills with the ability to learn quickly
- Special projects as assigned in connection with the eBusiness goals and strategy to drive aggressive sales goals and optimization of site-wide key performance indicators
- Plan, direct, and coordinate project activities within a cross-functional and matrix organization, delivering eBusiness capabilities for Thermo Fisher web properties
- Ability to think strategically, defining and executing projects with often high levels of ambiguity
- Excellent critical thinking, project management, analytical, organizational and presentation skills
- Experience working on initiatives that require both global and region specific deliverables
- Ability to command engagement and agreement within and across multiple stakeholder groups
- Executive presence with leadership engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Marketing from an accredited higher learning institution required
- 7+ years experience in global project management – cross-functional, global project teams, delivery of regionalization requirements
- 7+ years experience in complex stakeholder environments – cross division, region engagement
- Proven ability to gain consensus, influence organizational behavior and enable timely decision making in a complex international and matrix environment
- International business experience, a plus
- Ability to analyze a competitive market landscape
- Track record of defining and executing projects with often high levels of ambiguity
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or business administration.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, or Marketing
This position has been approved for relocation
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join