As a Sourcing / Procurement Intern, your tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting in global sourcing and procurement of materials, to provide uninterrupted supply for instrument manufacturing with the best cost, optimal quality and desired lead time
- Opportunity to suppliers’ site visit to have better understanding of manufacturing processes and facilities.
- Assist in Project Management for Instrument Transfer in materials localization efforts.
- Assist in market survey and bench marking exercise to explore new suppliers and technologies.
- Conduct First Article or Engineering Evaluation for parts or components to support various programs such as Product Transfer, Cost Reduction or Value Engineering.
- Manage Supplier’s Engineering Changes via a structured process for product life cycles management.
- Generating reports for Supplier Performance Analysis
- Current undergraduate student in ANY Discipline
- Positive attitude and willing to learn and contribute
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Good communication skills (spoken and written English)
- An earnest attitude and insatiable interest in Supply Chain.
We aim to imbue our interns with:
- Opportunities to visit supplier factories to learn about industries and processes
- Knowledge of widely-used industrial software systems such as SAP (Enterprise Resource Planning ERP), Work Day and Agile (Product Life Cycles Management).
- In-depth understanding of production processes and engineering commodities
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- ‘Soft’ skills (communication, interpersonal, best workplace practices)
- Learn to be an independent contributor and also cultivate team work spirits
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join