The Manager, Security Operations Center (SOC) has responsibility for daily operations of detection and response teams in the specified region (AMER/EMEA/APAC). This person is responsible for the management of the security the operations team that provides incident monitoring, incident alerting, and incident response / management, and coordinating with the U.S.-based SOC serving as central command for all corporate cybersecurity incidents.
- The SOC manager manages a team of security incident response coordinators, analysts, and engineers and may be required to work nontraditional working hours during cybersecurity incidents.
- The SOC manager is responsible for not only defining the capabilities to detect and respond to threats within the environment but ensuring that their team is well trained and able to use the tools to perform their jobs.
- The SOC manager will be the primary representative when it comes to presenting regional security incident detection and response presentations to the Sr. Manager Security Operations, Director of Cybersecurity Technology and Operations and CISO, as appropriate
- Responsible for the delivery of an innovative security operations team and communication of metrics and findings to the Sr. Manager – Cyber Security Operations Center and other leaders as appropriate.
- Ensure well documented processes around security threat detection, incident response/management playbooks, and proper incident handling procedures
- Work with staff and management across all levels of the organization to detect and protect the environment
- Manage/supervise team members to develop their knowledge, skills, and capabilities.
- Ensure documentation and processes are well defined so that the team mission, vision, and strategy are well understood by the team and the business.
- Provide accurate metrics for the CISO metrics program to ensure continuous improvement across incident trends
- Tie incident response/management closely to the Cyber Kill Chain methodology and Risk Management policies and processes.
- Ensure clear ties to Threat Intelligence sources to ensure indicators of compromise (IoC) and indicators of attack (IoA) are part of the overall program
- Grow the organization through effective hiring, coaching, motivating and development of a world class team.
- Ensures excellent consistency, documentation, and process across all programs.
- Collaborates with other IT team managers to ensure consistency, adaptability, responsiveness, and effectiveness of security solutions
- Proactively advise the business on how to maintain security posture
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Assurance, Security, Management Information Systems, Risk Management or equivalent work experience acceptable
- Relevant technical certificates a plus
- 8+ years of combined experience in cybersecurity, security architecture and/or engineering, security operations, or related fields
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience focusing on business acumen
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP/ISSEP, or CISM certification or equivalent a plus
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong command of the English language
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of and proven ability in the following:
- Security Architecture and Engineering Team Management
- Security Operation Center Management
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join