Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG)
Division/Business Unit: LSG Commerical / Technical Support
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: Director, Technical Application Support - Carlsbad, CA
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking an experienced professional to lead the Life Science Solutions Group Americas Technical Application Support team. The Director, Technical Application Support will be accountable for all Technical Application Support strategy development, execution and daily activities (for instruments, applications, and software) in the region and represents the department to other functional and business teams in the company. The Director will be responsible for managing and directing >100 personnel across multiple sites and activities to ensure that they meet the global technical support needs of all internal and external customers. This position reports to the Vice President, Global Service and Support and will work closely with the global leadership team.
- Contribute to the direction and strategy of Global Technical Application Support and to the broader Global Service and Support organization.
- Act as the liaison with various internal departments, functions, and personnel to identify new and changing technical support needs.
- Assist in evaluating effectiveness of current department activities and work with the management team to validate and prioritize development of new departmental initiatives.
- Provide leadership in a fast paced environment with stretch goals. Set objectives, plan projects and resources needed and manage execution.
- Ensure key performance metrics, including Customer Allegiance Score, technical accuracy, and departmental efficiency are met or exceeded.
- Continuous improvement of the customer experience through staff, process, and support tool development.
- Responsible for de-escalating technical and customer issues arising from within the region of responsibility.
- Contribute to the annual operation planning process and manage the operations budget of the team.
- Hire develop, and maintain support staff to deliver optimized customer experience, responsive support with high technical expertise.
- Actively manage lead generation programs that contribute to customer success and top line revenue growth for the company.
- Motivate and lead the team through performance coaching, career planning, and setting development objectives.
- Bachelor's degree.
- MS/PhD in Life Sciences preferred, and 5-7 years hands-on laboratory experience and/or as a field applications scientist (all preferred).
- Requires 5-7 years of prior experience in Technical Support in a biotechnology industry – directly serving customers.
- Requires 5+ years of prior management experience leading teams – leading technical support teams strongly desired.
- Demonstrated leadership skills – clearly and positively affecting core technical support function and its related business. This includes but is not limited to outstanding communication skills, demonstrated influencing skills, collaborative project and process efforts (especially in challenging/conflicting situations), coaching and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated experience creating and executing on strategic plans and change management.
- Highly effective teamwork including direct interactions with sales and tangible impact on revenue.
- Demonstrated project management success in delivering improved customer experience, revenue growth, and productivity.
- Demonstrated relationship development skills both customer relations and business relations.
- Demonstrated change agent for technical support that includes the ability to challenge the status quo and effecting change to the existing support model, bridge known gaps and achieve business results.
- Experience managing other managers.
- Experience managing remote employees.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join