The Production Engineer will support the manufacturing of products, namely the Datataker and OdaLog range.
This role involves coordinating and executing daily tasks in line with the production schedule, defect analysis, procedure development and training, continuous improvement responsibilities, engineering and technical support in a timely fashion and in accordance with strict QA and certification requirements.
- Active participation in the company’s OHS effort and compliance with all OHS policies and directives.
- Maintain day-to-day production activities, monitor and prioritize workflow and schedules.
- Facilitate quality system documentation including writing, reviewing and issuing documents.
- Provide technical support and training.
- Maintain and update Skill Matrix for Staff competency and provide training.
- Review manufacturing records and documentation and release product and components.
- Ensure product is in compliance with external customer standard and ensure fulfilment goals.
- Identify root causes of technical issues in production and out of box failures. Design and develop solutions to fix identified problems.
- Identify issues in efficiency and lead improvements. Study and recommend corrective solutions for enhancing manufacturing efficiency.
- Help stabilize new products from R&D into Production.
- Interact with project teams for new products development giving insights from technical issues of previous products.
- Balance Safety, Quality, Productivity, Cost and Delivery to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Plan and organize equipment maintenance.
- Consistently perform work to specified requirements and standards including AS/NZS ISO9001 as detailed in the Company’s Quality Manual.
- Work closely with and support Operations Leader to embrace Continuous Improvement culture through SQDC, 5S “visual workplace” and PPI Lean processes.
- Participate effectively in process improvement teams and complete any assigned actions.
- Bachelor of Engineering ideally in Electronics or Mechatronics.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience and detailed understanding of electronic board design and manufacture.
- Computer literate in MS office suite and quick to learn technical resource programmes.
- Ability to identify root cause faults across mechanical and electronic design issues.
- Ability to interpret and implement assembly procedures / drawings.
- Ability to identify, load and solder SMT and PTH components to PCBs.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audience
- Competent use of hand tools.
- Team player with ability to respond to commercial pressures appropriately and maintain quality and productivity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, self-motivated and focussed on achieving set goals.
- Conscientious and fastidious in all aspects of job from paperwork to general housekeeping.