When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher Clinical Services, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a leading provider of global clinical supply chain. With unwavering commitment to service, science and process engineering, Fisher Clinical Services is powered by people with an exceptional commitment to quality, deeply instilled ethics of personal responsibility and unrivaled expertise. We are exclusively focused on serving the packaging and distribution requirements of clinical trials across the world. Whether planning, packaging, labeling, storing, or distributing the important supplies needed to perform clinical research, for more than 27 years Fisher Clinical Services has been committed to delivering the highest possible value while ensuring adherence to the highest level of quality, performance, reliability and sustainability standards. http://www.fisherclinicalservices.com/
This position requires the ability to work in a very fast paced and quickly growing business. In this function, you are responsible for ensuring accuracy of data across multiple systems used to support the invoicing process for all lines of business. . This position requires a highly motivated and loyal candidate with solid analytic, process management, quantitative, and some technical skills to aid in the development of overall customer satisfaction.
- Interface with both operational and finance leadership to effectively communicate status, define critical issues & impacts, design mitigation plans, and articulate / drive required decisions.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Utilizes process improvement methodologies to identify opportunities for financial improvements and continually review existing processes to minimize and eliminate opportunities for revenue leakage and promote quality assurance
- Review invoice data for anomalies per billing cycle
- Prepares data reconciliation between various systems for accuracy
- Reviews contract data for billing accuracy
- Translate executed contracts into billing system
- Research and resolve discrepancies found during invoice and systems reviews
- Identify root cause for discrepancy and formulate plan to mitigate and prevent re-occurrence
- Work cross functionally as necessary to implement any required changes to processes or systems
- Accurately and timely update billing rates for customers
- Prepares billing reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trend
- Prepares timely and accurate data for submission into financial systems and provide inputs for financial reporting
- Understands revenue recognition and makes recommendation on specific transactions
- Identify issues using reporting methods to maintain compliance with internal SLAs around transaction and billing inaccuracies
- Create detailed process documentation when needed for training and resource reference
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Apply Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility
- Apply and respect all relevant SOPs
- Active part in PPI, lean and other process improvement projects.
- Demonstrate and drive the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I’s)
Basic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
Education/ Experience (BMQ):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 5-7 years Accounting experience
- Billing systems experience preferred
- Familiarity with internal control processes and auditing
- Experience utilizing Lean Six Sigma techniques
- CPA preferred
Ability and/or Skills:
- Good level of Organizational Skill Set
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated use of process improvement methodologies
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills
- Proficiencies with MS Office Products and SalesForce.com
- Multitasking with attention to details
- Team-player who is able to handle stressful situations
- Capable of working independently and making decisions accordingly
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Bio systems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. Apply today at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join