Sr. Product Support Engineer
Job ID :
US - California - Santa Clara
- Provides third tier level expert technical hardware and software support for Microarray –related Instrumentation
- Develops or assists in the development and maintenance of service and support procedures for new and existing products
- Develops training course materials and conducts or assists with internal training activities for Field Service Engineers.
- Creates or assists in the preparation of Technical Alert Communications (TACs), Service Manuals and other documents
- Act as a liaison between the global Field Service Engineer teams and Engineering by facilitating communication and maintaining escalation processes
- Participates in new product introduction teams as a Services & Support Core Team and Extended team member.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to R&D Sustaining teams
- Participates in process and operation improvement opportunities
- Complies with company quality management systems, policies and procedures
- Additional duties/responsibilities according to business needs, occasional business travel required.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering field, preferably mechanical, electrical or bioengineering
- >10 years related experience, preferably in Biotech industry
- Experience with service or design/manufacturing of instruments such as liquid handlers, optical detection systems or similar
- Needs to be self-motivated, able to lead projects or initiatives without close supervision and motivate and influence others.
- Have ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team with diverse background and areas of expertise
- Field service or other Support or customer facing related experiences preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Familiarity with structured troubleshooting methods
- Knowledge of basic molecular biology preferred
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join