New Product Development Project Manager
Job ID :
US - New Hampshire - Newington
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world .
How will you make an impact?
Under the direction of the Director of R&D and Global Project Management, the New Product Development Project Manager is responsible for product development coordination leading to the timely launch of new product initiatives within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Laboratory Equipment Technologies business unit. The Project Manager uses best practice Project Management tools to lead cross functional teams focused on product and process development, manufacturing platform improvements, and /or capacity expansions while maintaining compliance with all appropriate processes, systems and procedures.
What will you do?
• Responsible to drive cross-functional/regional projects which are strategic in nature to the ongoing evolution of the Temperature Control product line within the Laboratory Equipment Technologies (LET) business unit.
• Function as a liaison and thought partner between the Temperature Control Leadership Team and various project work stream leaders to ensure the business needs have been met and are delivered on schedule. Address conflicts or issues as they arise, escalating as necessary, in order to overcome any obstacles.
• Provides critical thinking, helping to validate and link project objectives to the product line strategy.
• Influences stakeholders and their leaders as appropriate in a matrixed organizational environment to implement execution plans involving resource allocation, work plans, timelines, and financial outcomes.
• Owns end to end success of the project, ensuring accountability, execution of timelines, and continuous change management to deliver on-time, qualitative results.
• Experience with challenging the current thought process of staff and status quo of business processes.
• Identifies key issues and risks, recommend options which are supported by a clear fact set and analysis, build business cases to support revenue and/or cost synergies programs, cost-to-achieve/budget, etc., facilitate and negotiate individual and team decisions. Requires an understanding of stakeholder motivations, politics and impacts to the organization.
• Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or information requires an in-depth evaluation and knowledge of various factors impacting the overall outcome of the project.
• Develop and lead the execution of change management plans, including functional training and internal/external communications. Evaluate organizational readiness for change, as well as intervention mechanisms to overcome resistance to change.
• Responsible to ensure project plans are robust, maintained, and access is available to all necessary.
• Deliver and/or lead presentations for steering committees and executive staff.
• Travel as needed.
How will you get here?
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or science field.
• Cross functional work experience e.g., in Operations, R&D, or Marketing, and a minimum of 9 years project management experience.
• Professional Project Management (e.g. certified by PMI®, Project Management Institute).
• Expertise in project management in theory and practical experience, preferably with laboratory equipment products, including strategic planning and risk management. Experience in a regulated environment would be advantageous.
• Competent in the use of project management tools, techniques and software tools.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Proven ability to facilitate and implement change management.
• Influencing and leadership skills to effectively drive decision making, problem solving and coordinating people from multiple cross functional disciplines.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join