Field Application Specialist - Cell Culture - Remote/Field Based
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally we enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Covering key accounts in UK and the Nordics, the role of a Field Application Specialist within our Bioproduction Technical Services Organization involves the sale and support of best in class products to the pharmaceutical industries that optimise productivity and efficiency in drug manufacturing processes. You will provide scientific expertise, support and training to customers through a variety of interfaces including in-person, phone and email communications. Combining customer relation, training and support, this function is well suited for those who enjoy working with customers of diverse scientific backgrounds. You will act as a trusted expert to our customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty resulting in a contribution to the overall success of the business.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Supporting Sales Process for BioProduction cell culture media and cell line products and services
- Establishing relationships with customers in assigned geographic territory
- Establishing technical credibility with target clients; engage technical dialog with clients with scientific background
- Handling customer queries/complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Provide feedback on technical problems and their respective solutions and share expertise & knowledge amongst the team
- Representing BioProduction Services and Products in Scientific Forums by attending and actively participate in technical conference to promote Thermo Fisher’s visibility in the market
- Presenting BioProduction Services and Products at conferences and local customer seminars
- Performing Implementation Programs to ensure that the solution reaches maximum capacity smoothly at customer lab within a satisfactory time
- Responsible for maintaining up to date technical expertise on products and industry trends
- Liaising with Global Cell Culture team to contribute to quality strategies, Product development or strategic business development activities and quality or operational documentation
- Participate in the project team meetings and contribute in the strategic planning and execution of new product development and launch
- Become a strong internal voice of customers
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry technical experience in cell line development, cell culture and upstream processing particularly in areas of therapeutic proteins or vaccines
- Previous experience of the biopharmaceutical industry and /or GMP manufacturing is advantageous
- Experience in interacting with external clients and ability to present technical content to small and large group of audience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in a related discipline is desirable
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel 25-75% of the time (will vary)
- Fluent in English, any fluency in another European language would be advantageous
- Full, clean driving licence
The mission of the Bioproduction Technical Services Organization is to foster a collaborative and long-term relationship by providing our customers with innovative technical engagements, value-added solutions, responsive support, and consultative services in order to enhance product knowledge, adoption, and overall customer experience. If you would like to be an integral part of the team ensuring this mission is met please do not hesitate to apply.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.