Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and over 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
We are currently seeking a qualified an experienced Project Manager (Information Technology), to be located remotely in Germany.
- Develops project plans that establish clear roles and deliverables agreed upon by the Customer and Thermo Informatics implementation team members which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Assigns, schedules, reviews, and monitors project work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time, within budget (per order and SOW) and meets established quality standards
- Organizes and manages recurring project team meetings between Thermo Informatics and customer team members to review the plan and deliverables
- Maintains effective communication and working relationships with customers and project team members
- Obtains feedback from customers in terms of project management performance
- Develops and captures metrics to support continuous evaluation of active and complete projects to support process improvement around cost estimation, time estimation, and other relevant factors that impact execution
- Participates in the establishment of good project management practices by defining and documenting policies and procedures, creating standard documents (templates, etc.)
- Effectively manages resource demand across multiple projects in line with priorities and risks
- Two years’ of project management or research coordination experience, ideally in a life science company and/or environment
- Two years’ experience in a customer-facing role
- Bachelor’s degree in a Scientific discipline (chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical engineering) or Computer Science
- Strong understanding of Information Technology and delivery of enterprise software to customers
- Expertise and experience managing complex, high-value projects
- Considerable ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across internal groups and customer representatives.
- Considerable problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Formal training in project management and tools like Microsoft Project, SmartSheet, etc. to create and manage project plans in terms of
- WBS, milestones and resource management.
- Willingness to travel (between 25%-50%)
- Formal Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Experience with the Agile Methodology as applied to solution delivery
- Experience within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with LIMS
We are looking forward to receive your application. Please refer to the above Job ID and include your salary expectations as well as your period of notice.