Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group
Division: LSG Commercial
Business Unit: Commercial Marketing
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
We are seeking an Art Director for our Carlsbad, CA Commercial Marketing team with a strong conceptual and interactive portfolio showcasing a deep understanding of web, mobile, and experiential design strategy and best practices
How will you make an impact?
You will collaborate with other disciplines to derive a contemporary design approach for web, mobile, custom applications, CRM and traditional design projects. The Art Director will also be able to demonstrate conceptual thinking, highly developed design skills utilizing their healthcare / pharma knowledge
What will you do?
- Maintain awareness of issues in day-to-day functioning of team dynamics
- Work closely with Project managers as a cohesive team player to ensure that strategic goals and objectives are met
- Supervise art direction as a liaison between Graphic Designers and Creative Director
- Prepare new business presentation work as required
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- 6 years professional experience within a creative agency or ad agency.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic and keen attention to detail.
- Healthcare /pharmaceutical or biotech experience a plus.
Demonstrated experience designing to digital with print/traditional coming in a close second (posters, direct mail, brochures, out of home, video). Highly conceptual (campaign big ideas), credible and well versed presence during presentations and able to speak to the work with excitement/clarity/enthusiasm and passion (good at selling the idea and the execution).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage design workflow within time constraints
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Must possess strong communications skills and the ability to work independently with good interpersonal skills.
The incumbent should also be comfortable in the production realm as well. Extremely strong graphic design, interface design, information design (info graphic and iconography design), highly capable in illustrator creating custom iconography and info graphics based on brand style guide. Comfortable with delivering options upon options
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join